How to desactivate a menu

Solved
NailoStyle
Excursionist
23 0 2

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a new website project and new theme (supply) and I'd like to deactivate the fonction of the menu (see image).
I would like it to be inactive or not "clickable", that if you click on the first row appearing, it doesn't bring you to an other page, but it does open the next menu (I don't know if it's understandable).
Is it possible? Can someone help me on this?
Thank you!

Sans nom 1.jpg

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1291 79 171

Hi there @NailoStyle!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for reaching out here on the Shopify Community with your query.

I'd like to check this out with you if you can share some info so we can be sure we're on the same page.

Would you mind sharing a link to your store with me here, and giving me an example of the menu items involved?

If you can let me know in your store an example which term you'd like to have as unclickable but still open the rest of your menu I can check in with our themes teams to see what might be possible here.

Are you still setting up your store and working towards launch, or have you been selling for a while 

I look forward to checking this out with you.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

NailoStyle
Excursionist
23 0 2

Hi Don,

Thank you for your reply.

The link of my store is: https://hq1pncy3ix75liqm-31605260428.shopifypreview.com (The theme is not online yet). 

I would like the names in the green menu to be unclickable, but only the ones that opens other menus/categories.

At the moment, when you click on it, it's activated and it brings you to the main page. When you pass the mouse on it, it opens a menu with different categories, some of them also have an under menu, and so they also need to be desactivated/not clickable.

Sans nom 1.gif(in red, an exemple of what needs to be unclickable, in yellow, what needs to stay activated)

I'm already selling for a while with the theme Simple: www.nailostyle.com

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes
NailoStyle
Excursionist
23 0 2

Hi @Don 

Are you able to help?  

0 Likes
alvinkonda
Shopify Partner
44 5 9

This is an accepted solution.

Hi,

You could just assign a link as "#" to the menu items that you don't want to be clickable. 

Screenshot 2021-04-29 at 2.27.58 PM.png

FireTheme.com - The Best Free Shopify Theme To Increase Conversion Rates (CVR)
Increase your store conversion rates (CVR) and average order value (AOV) with FireTheme, the world's most-loved Free Shopify Theme. Developed for maximum performance, flexibility in mind, and simplicity at core, you can be 100% sure that...
NailoStyle
Excursionist
23 0 2

Hi @alvinkonda 

Thank you sooooooooo much!! It works

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1291 79 171

Hi again @NailoStyle!

Don from Shopify once again.

Thanks for getting back to me here and apologies for my delay in getting back to you in turn as I was away from work for a few days.

It looks like @alvinkonda has been able to chip in here with a solution that works for you, that's great!

Thanks for chiming in here to help out your fellow community member. 

@NailoStyle, is there anything else you are aware of that you need to work on next for your store?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog