Solved

How to display collections in mobile menu?

shells
Trailblazer
195 3 97

Hi all,

I am wondering how can I display my collections under NEWBORN, whether its hovering or clicking it? I just want my customers to be able to see the collections under it first before they select the options. 

Thank you!

My website is www.feyrebaby.com.au and it is live already. 

shells_0-1625481716511.png

Accepted Solution (1)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @shells

Hilary here from Shopify. The best way to display your collections under your menu item "Newborn" on your store is by adding a drop-down menu. This menu will be displayed on both the desktop, and mobile versions of your store. Here are the steps: 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @shells

Hilary here from Shopify. The best way to display your collections under your menu item "Newborn" on your store is by adding a drop-down menu. This menu will be displayed on both the desktop, and mobile versions of your store. Here are the steps: 

shells
Trailblazer
195 3 97

@Hilary Thank you so much!! It worked. 

I have another question about fonts not coming through on other people's computers. I can see the font perfectly fine on mine and it's how I want my website to look but when people visit my website they see everything in Times New Roman. I've been struggling to fix this. Can you help me with it?

my website is: www.feyrebaby.com.au

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Happy to help! I can see the drop-down on your website now, nice work. 

As for your font not displaying correctly, I am seeing Josefin Serif on my computer here. What device and browser are your customers using when they see the font in Times New Roman? Also, which theme you are using? 

Josefin Serif is a font that must be downloaded onto a visitor’s computer before it is displayed. Therefore, it can cause slower load times. Times New Roman is often used as a default back up font when the desired font can't be downloaded. Perhaps, if your website is taking too long to load, it is reverting to a default font on some devices or browsers. 

To avoid downloading a new font to your customer's computer, one solution is to use a system font. A system font is a font that is already installed on most computers, which decreases the likelihood of any loading issues or back-up fonts being used. There is more about this on our Help Center under Fonts

You can also look at your Online store speed report to see what speed your store is loading at. If it is quite slow, I recommend running through any suggestions that are displayed in the speed test, as well as our help document Improving your online store speed to see if you can improve it. This may help with your font loading on users' devices. Please share your results from this if you are still having issues. 

Once I have more information, we can look into this further as well.