How to display drop down menus on every page with minimal theme?

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi I have designed my store gudbe.co.uk with the Minimal theme. 
As you can see I have two drop down menus on my website. One for T-Shirts, one for Gudbe. When I'm on the Home Page or on one of the pages from the 'Gudbe' drop down menu, I can see all the drop down menus from my header. However when I go to the T-Shirt section or any other collection or product page, the two drop down menus from the header dissapear. How and where do I change the code so that it doesn't happen and I can see the drop down menus on every page?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
552 31 66

Hey, @Ula !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you and thank you for including your store here - this is very helpful.

By default, the navigation menu (drop-downs included) should display consistently throughout each store. However, I do see what you mean with regards to your own store:

27-50-hen3b-8ifmb

This is likely coming from the code in your collection.liquid template or collection-template.liquid. You mention that you have designed your store. Have you made changes or customizations to your theme's code, or added any apps which may have done so? You may need to revert or roll back some of these changes.

If you find that you are not able to pin-point this via the code/ apps, I am happy to take a closer look into this with you. I have sent you an email to verify your details, if you could reply to me when you can that would be great.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hi Katy! Thank you so much for getting back to me and sorry to take so long to reply.
I have made some changes to the theme however it seems to me that this problem always existed and it's difficult to revert the changes as there was a few things I had to improve. If I revert the changes I'd loose the things I've improved and it just wouldn't be good for me.
Can you let me know what I might need to change in the liquid template? What should I add or remove from the code?

Thank you in advance :)

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
552 31 66

Hey, @Ula !

Thanks so much for getting back to me, and no problem at all for the delay.

In that case, I would like to take a closer look at your theme to help pinpoint this with you. To do so I have sent you an email so that we can first verify your details. If you could reply to me when you can that would be great.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes