How to display quantity on product page

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I am trying to figure out how to add the quantity of items that are limited runs. Free Debut theme. My products are always changing and therefore I track quantity. I know nothing about how to add/edit code so go easy on me :)

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
163 15 17

Hey there, @SoapLady!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'd be happy to suggest a couple of different routes you can take to display you stock quantity on your product pages.

I'm not too familiar with coding myself, so no worries there! I usually opt to use apps to simplify the process, and I was able to find an app that you might find handy for this. The Stock Level Info App allows you to display stock level numbers, as well as banners that indicate low stock levels or 'sold out', among other labels. You can check out their example store on the app page to get an idea of how it might look like on your store. This App offers a 7 day free trial, and will then begin to charge $3.99/month USD. App developers will always be the best point of contact if you have any questions regarding the app, and you'll be able to locate their contact information on their app page. 

If you're feeling brave, you can also try making the coding changes yourself! If you decide to do this, we always recommend duplicating your theme so that you have a back-up just in case. This way you can feel comfortable making mistakes, as you can fall back on an older version of your theme. You can then follow the coding steps outlined by my colleague, Parker, in this Community Forums post. Because you're currently using one of our free themes, you may be eligible for a complimentary 60 minutes of Theme Support. If you'd like me to check with our Theme Support Team as to whether this is something we can assist you with, please let me know and we can look at creating a ticket to verify your account and determining your eligibility before touching base with the team.

If there's anything you'd like me to clarify, please let me know!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes

could you share me your store url and point out where you want to show your quantity on product page

Shopify theme developer and customization

Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: ashiquehussaincodediary@gmail.com
0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

That would be great, Ryder!!! Thank you!

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Here is a product link...

https://latheredupsoapco.com/collections/goats-milk-soaps/products/pumpkin-pecan-waffle

I would like to display the quantity right there on the product page for customers to see before they add to the cart. The way it's setup now, customers can add however many they want but then if I don't have that quantity in stock it takes them to an error page which then shows the quantity and they have to adjust their cart. It's too many steps and is frustrating. I need to simplify the process. Any help you could offer would be great!

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
163 15 17

Hey again!

Thanks for sharing that product link, @SoapLady! I'd be happy to check with our Theme Support to see whether you are eligible and if this is within our scope of support. I've gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated to your Community Forums account. If you use the same email address for your Shopify store, you'll simply need to respond to the email. If you use a separate email address for you Shopify store, you can CC the correct one and respond through there. Once I've gained access to your store, we can take a look into this for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes