How to display sold-out product prices

3 0 0

Hi,

I had a shopify store a few years ago but I have noticed quite a bit has changed.

I have googled this question but the answers are old and no longer apply to the settings.

When a product is out of stock, it isn't showing the price, how do I make the price appear?

Thanks

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2498 171 376

Hi @TLCC,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Would you be able to let me know what theme you are using, please? I asked our theme support team about this, if you are using a Shopify theme, it would generally be in the same place. I took a screenshot of what you need to do from my test store using the Debut theme. If you are using another theme it could potentially look slightly different. You would find this in the product-price.liquid file

29-21-0yzby-j8zy2

If you are using a paid, third-party theme, the code and file might be something different. In this case, I would recommend maybe reaching out to the theme developer directly about it as they would know their code better than anyone else. 

Hopefully, this helps and makes sense. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0
Hi Nick,

Thanks for using your reply, I am using Debut theme.

I don’t know how to open up my post in the community, I can’t seem to work out how I did it, it’s not that easy to log in and find the community.... thanks
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2498 171 376

Hi @TLCC, No problem at all! 

Ah ok, the example I used is from the Debut theme so it should look very similar. To access the product-price.liquid file you need to take the following steps:

Store Admin > Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code > product-price.liquid file 

19-10-1o11q-c23i6

How do you mean exactly by you don't know how to open your post in the community? Do you mean the community we are in now or somewhere else? I'm not 100% clear on what you are referring to as you replied in the community here, so I'm wondering if it's somewhere else. 

0 Likes
3 0 0
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I figured out how to log into the community.

I just need to display prices on sold out products.

I know how to open the code section, I just don’t know how to do the coding.

I am using Debut.

Thanks
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2498 171 376

That's completely understandable @TLCC.

You would just need to remove the sections highlighted in my reply above. If you still aren't comfortable doing that which I totally get, then no problem. Because you are using a Shopify developed them, this is something our theme support team could look into helping you with. If you'd prefer that, can you confirm the best email to reach you on is the one you signed up to the community with and I can reach out to you directly about? Let me know

0 Likes