How to edit Collections Title

2 0 0

Hi Guys, I am building a Shopify store (first one) for a client that sells Boat or Marine Trailers. We don't want to classify range as 'Collections'. We want Categories or similar. I have read comments from a Shopify guru who says:

That's in your theme's language settings.  To get there in Debut, in your admin go to online store > themes and click on the button with three dots; that will give you the option to edit language.  Once there, you'll see some tabs across the top - click on the button with ellipses in those tabs, and then go to the Checkout and System section.  Scroll down a bit - the setting you want will be under the Page titles heading.  Find the field for Collections, and you can enter whatever you wish to see in that field!

Well I get stuck at the three dots stage. I cannot see any three dots and I have searched all over for Language settings. Can anyone help with this? Thanks Andrew

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,

I agree with Shopify guru. I will provide screenshots using The Debut theme to help you figure out.

That's in your theme's language settings. To get there in Debut, in your admin go to online store > themes and click on the button with three dots (now it on the button, called "Actions", with drop-down menu); that will give you the option to edit language.

gwa-admin

Once there, you'll see some tabs across the top - click on the button with ellipses in those tabs, and then go to the Checkout and System section.

gwa-edit-language

Scroll down a bit - the setting you want will be under the Page titles heading. Find the field for Collections, and you can enter whatever you wish to see in that field!

According to this link you can also change the texts and translations by yourself:
https://help.shopify.com/manual/using-themes/translate-theme.

Shopify subject matter expert | Founder at GenovaWebArt | Full-services shopify agency | info@genovawebart.com
2 Likes