How to edit styles liquid sheet for Brooklyn Theme?

Excursionist
38 0 4

Hi all,

I'm trying to edit the spacing in the Navigation bar in the Brooklyn Theme. Everywhere I search, it says to edit the styles sheet. However, the Brooklyn theme doesn't have one. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
30 0 3

It must!

You will probably find it when editing the html under Assets and will be called something like timber.scss.liquid

1 Like
Excursionist
38 0 4

Thanks Julia! If it's not too much trouble, could you tell me how to edit the padding for the footer and the spacing in the navigation bar?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
30 0 3

Go to the section that says Site Footer. Not sure what yours says but mine looks like this: 

/*============================================================================
  #Site Footer
==============================================================================*/
.site-footer {
  background-color: $colorFooterBg;
  padding: $gutter 0 10px;
  color: $colorFooterText;

@include at-query ($min, $large) {
    padding: $gutter*2 0 $gutter/5;
  }

h3 {
    margin: 0 0 $gutter/2 0;
  }

a {
    color: $colorFooterText;

&:hover {
      color: darken($colorFooterText, 20%);
    }
  }
}

.legal-links {
  margin-bottom: 0;

& + & {
    margin-bottom: $gutter/2;
  }

li {
    padding: 0 $gutter/2 0 0;
    font-size: 13px;
    line-height: 30px;
  }
}

Then just play with the value until you have what you want. 

Same thing with Site Nav. Mine is called "Site Nav and Dropdowns" and I am not 100% certain but I think each menu item is considered a list item, so you would want to add a margin-right: 10px or whatever suits you. 

Here's what mine looks like: 

li {
    margin: 0;
    display: block;
  }

So you would need to specify which side to put the margin on or you can do all 4 like this: margin: 0px 10px 0px 10px;

Hope that helps!

1 Like
Excursionist
38 0 4

Hi Julia,

Sorry, Shopify didn't notify me that you posted :( Thanks for this advice! it works great.

It seems like the space I want to get rid of isn't part of the footer. There's this large block above it that I want to get rid of, but I'm not sure how. It'd be great if you could offer any advice.

Here's what I'm talking about: http://snag.gy/4gQnL.jpg

Thanks so much!

0 Likes