How to edit the shipping of the checkout page?

Solved
Tourist
12 0 1

Hello, 

I have another issue on the shipping part of the checkout page:

it shows 2 choices of shipping but they are the same because there is only one choice: free shipping.

It try to add a disclaimer below the free shipping "choice" saying that the shipping time can last up to 25 days but I don't find any way to customize it on the free theme options

shipping.jpg

thanks for your help

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 33

Hey, @JohnWayne !

Sunny here and I would be happy to help with this.

Let's start with your first question regarding the "Free Shipping" options that appears in the checkout twice. A possible reason free shipping could be appearing twice is because of the way it's set up in your shipping settings. To confirm, head over to Settings > Shipping > Zones, from there you'll want to open up each shipping zone to make sure you haven't duplicated a free shipping option for both, price base rates and weight based rates, as all applicable options will appear in the checkout. If you're not 100% sure, feel free to share a screenshot of your shipping zones so that I can take a closer look.

Here is an example of what I am referring to:

15-04-546xy-kx4oy

As you can see in the red highlighted areas, these are shipping options I have set up on me test shop. Depending on what is in the customer's cart, the appropriate shippings options will automatically appear based on their rules (price or weight). In your case, if you have a free shipping option for price based rates and a free shipping option for weight based rates, both of these will appear in the checkout if the rule applies. If my assumption is correct, you will want to delete one of the free shipping options so that only one appears moving forward. If you check your shipping settings and you don't see any duplicate shipping options, definitely share a screenshot and let me know. I am still happy to continue assisting to ensure you are happy with the outcome.

---

As for your second question, you mentioned trying to add a disclaimer to your free shipping option. Can you elaborate on where you added this disclaimer and where would you like it to appear? To clarify, merchants do not have the ability to edit the checkout because we have strict guidelines to maintain PCI Compliance and editing the checkout may result in vulnerabilities. With that being said, you are still able to manipulate this rule slightly and adjust some text around your checkout area. For example, you can add your disclaimer to your "Free Shipping" rate so that it's clear to your customers right away. It can be done by editing your shipping rate label, as shown below:

15-09-pdoda-inrnw

This is how it would look in the checkout:

15-14-kuu10-qmgwi

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if you would like me to clarify any of the steps I shared above.

Cheers!

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Tourist
12 0 1

Thank you Sunny I applied and it works fine!

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2487 171 373

Hi @JohnWayne,

Just to follow up from Sunny's answer. I'm wondering if this is a possible solution for you which someone on our team recently discovered. If you take the following steps in your store admin:

Online Store> Themes> Actions> edit languages > cart > shipping method notice and the disclaimer is entered as seen in the screenshot below:

19-09-ycdr3-7a87b

Hopefully, this helps and adds something extra to what Sunny mentioned already.

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes