How to embed video as one of the Slides in Homepage Slider ?

Darleen_Witmer
2 0 2

HI

I am trying to customize the Supply theme to embed one slide with youtube video - and other 2 slides used on the homepage slider will be standard images.

How do I change the code to be able to do this?

Thanks

David_Facer
5 0 0

Sorry, nothing of use to add here - but interested in a solution for similar if anyone is feeling generous please...

0 Likes
Darleen_Witmer
2 0 2

Hi

yes I figured out

you go into slider.liquid

and add <li> for each slide you want and what it will be like the one for image 

for video you add the embed code and set the size as you want. 

I will upload later today my example. 

David_Facer
5 0 0

Well done, I look forward to your next post...

0 Likes
David_Facer
5 0 0
john031
5 0 0

hello i wait for your reply

0 Likes
CANDISOFT
Shopify Partner
1103 146 480

@Darleen_Witmer , which theme you are using?

If helpful, Please Like and accept The Solution.
0 Likes
Kingsleymarie
1 0 0

Hello!

I am trying to do the same and can not make it happen!  Was it possible to just upload a video from device, or it had to be a YouTube link?

0 Likes
FilipposD
Excursionist
29 1 7

Actually, it's possible to upload a video and have it play on the slider.

The easy part is editing the slideshow.liquid and, adding an extra list item after the loop of slides, and placing the video inside it.

When you upload a video on Settings > Files, there's a link you can get. The video to add as a list item looks like this:

<video controls="" autoplay="" name="media">
    <source src="https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1111/1111/1111/files/video.mp4?v=54564654" type="video/mp4">
</video>

The URL is pasted in the src attribute.

The hard part is to adjust the CSS of the slider because it won't work right away with the video. It won't work well on mobile and will look misaligned if not adjusted.

0 Likes