How to erase everything from a page

rubymardi
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi there! 

I'm building a page that I would like all black with a single video showing. I'm ok at integrating the video and changing the background colour, but I have no idea on how to get rid of my header (including main menu) and footer. 

And there's another thing please : this page is going to be linked on an image that is in a gallery in my home page. Is there a way that the linked page opens in a new window? Since I don't want any navigation in the page, I'd like people to be able to go back easily where they were by just closing the page. 

Thanks a bunch! 

0 Likes
Zworthkey
Trailblazer
160 9 30

hi,

There's no reset button, but you can do the following:

1) Re-apply a theme, any theme, from the Gallery page (under Assets). This will do away with the theme you have now. (I sure would download my theme before doing this, as a backup. Seems extreme.)

2) Delete all your products

3) Delete all your collections

4) Delete extra link lists you've created

5) Delete all pages except About us and Frontpage.

6) Delete blog posts.

Visit your preferences pages and remove extra coding, etc.

You can also just sign up for a new account, which would give you a 30-day free trial with a blank slate. You won't be able to use the same myshopify domain in the other account though.

0 Likes
suyash1
Shopify Partner
1952 195 295

@rubymardi - does your gallery have the option to open link in new tab? please check in customizer options

you are welcome to contact me.
My email - suyash.patankar@gmail.com

#1 page builder app on Shopify - for FREE! PageFly
0 Likes
rubymardi
Tourist
6 0 1

I'm sorry, maybe my English is not good enough, I thought my request was clear. I don't want to reset or erase my account, I just want to integrate a page to my website in which there would not be any header or footer elements. But thanks for taking the time to answer. 

0 Likes
suyash1
Shopify Partner
1952 195 295

@rubymardi - your page will need css changes to make it as per your requirement.

you are welcome to contact me.
My email - suyash.patankar@gmail.com

#1 page builder app on Shopify - for FREE! PageFly
0 Likes
rubymardi
Tourist
6 0 1

ok, thank you! 

0 Likes

Once in edit code area, you need to find the page template, duplicate it, and delete the sections you don't want to show on your custom video page:

{% section footer %} etc... 

0 Likes