How to find newly created tags on any of my products in the catalogue?

Gorilla17
Excursionist
17 0 9

I am actually planning to increase my staff and I wanted to find which new tags(all of them in one go) that they have added so that in case they add some irrelevant or incorrect tags on a product, I can remove them from that product. I tried in any product with the "view all tags" section but there was no such functionality for that. I am not even able to find apps for the same. If there's any way to sort out the tags based on the date they were added, that can also help me out detect which new tags were added.

If anyone can help me out in this, then that would be a great help.
Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1054 100 152

Hey, @Gorilla17.

This is Elias from Shopify Support. I'd be happy to lend a hand with this!

I understand you're looking for a way to view all the tags associated with your products. You can use the bulk editor to view up to 50 products and its variants per page, then you can select the product attributes for tags to view the tags associated with each product. From there, you'll be able to view and manage the product tags in bulk. However, though there isn't a way to sort the product tags based on the dates added - you can sort the order of your products using the newest updated order before accessing them in the bulk editor. 

Here's screenshot on how to sort the order of products and accessing bulk editor:

12-07-32dk8-1zw1t

Here's how to add and edit product attributes within the bulk editor:

12-12-b8nh8-zinnm

I'd love to know if this can help you with managing the product tags. Let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Gorilla17
Excursionist
17 0 9

Hey thanks for replying back.

I know of sorting, however I am not able to find the newly created tags on the products.

Is there any way?

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1054 100 152

Hey, @Gorilla17.

Thank you for following up!

There isn't a way to exclusively view the newly created tags. However, I can see how such a feature can be beneficial for our merchants, like yourself, and I'd be happy to put forth a feature request on your behalf. If Shopify moves forward with any changes or updates to the product management tools, you'll be able to find it on our changelog and updates page.

As a workaround, you can sort your products using the Updated (newest first) filter before accessing the bulk editor, so that the bulk editor can list your products in the order of most recent changes. From there, you can add the product attribute for tags and view all the tags associated with your products. While this method can help show which products has the most recent updates. Nevertheless, this does still require you to be able to recognize any of your older product tags.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes