How to get new email notification when new blog post comments?

Tourist
4 0 1

GOAL: I want to get notified, by email, when a customer posts a new comment on a blog post.

WHAT I’VE TRIED: I read all the other discussion forum posts I could find. The solution going around seems to be hooking up to an .atom RSS feed for unapproved comments. I have tried this, with multiple feed readers.

THE PROBLEM: The RSS feed method doesn’t seem to work anymore. I am using Feedly, and trying to add the following url https://homegrown-test-theme.myshopify.com/admin/comments.atom?status=unapproved

Anyone? I’ve tried everything I can think of. I tried asking live chat support and they told me to post here.

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 1

Bump. anybody? please?

*cries for help echoes down dark, cavenous corridors*

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Bump

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Bump

0 Likes
2 0 0

Same here. This is a super basic feature...I'm kinda shocked it doesn't exist already. Anyone know of a workaround?

0 Likes
Excursionist
75 0 11

Hi Shane and Mark,

If you get tired of waiting for Shopify to expand their blog features, you may want to investigate the option of integrating a Wordpress (or similar) blog into your Shopify store.  This will give you much more features and control of your blog, etc.

Here's some information about starting/connecting a Wordpress blog on Shopify.

Also, there's a Shopify App that can help you import your existing blogs into Shopify with 1-click and keep them automatically synced

Disclaimer ... I'm not a blog expert and am not affilliated with any of these links, etc.  I cannot speak to the accuracy of the information.  I just thought I'd offer this possible solution that I've seen other store owner's use.

Best of luck!

Rob

0 Likes

@shane I used slack's incoming webhooks to get notified when someone posts a comment.

Available for hiring. Inbox me lixonic[at]gmail[dot]com
0 Likes
4 0 0

@Lixon_Louis How do you do that? I didn't see a "blog comment" in the webhooks actions. Thanks.

0 Likes

@WalterCCG https://api.slack.com/incoming-webhooks

Available for hiring. Inbox me lixonic[at]gmail[dot]com
0 Likes
4 0 0

I mean that when you are setting up the webhook in shopify there's not and event that is blog comment:

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 8.54.40 AM.png

I understand how to set up the webhooks in slack, but you have to set up the webhook from shopify and that's the part I'm not getting.

Thanks!

0 Likes