How to get rid of horizontal line after H1 in Brooklyn Theme

mrflo
Tourist
9 1 0

Hello Everyone!

So, I managed to disable page titles on my pages by deleting the code on my page.liquid. But, when I enter an H1 in my body, there's a weird horizontal line underneath it. Also another horizontal line just before the footer. 

Questions:

1. How do I get rid of the horizontal line below the H1 as well as just before the footer? 

2. How do I reduce the size of the space between the logo and the body of the page? 

The page in questions:

https://ouropiercings.com/pages/how-your-jewellery-works

Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Likes
neeravmakwana
Shopify Partner
164 29 32

Hi, can you please try making these changes to your theme.scss.liquid file (testing after each change):

1. For the top horizontal line, search for the following text (or a smaller part)
.rte h1::after, .rte .h1::after, .rte h2::after, .rte .h2::after

and replace display: block with display: none

2. For the footer horizontal line, search for .hr--large and add the following line to the code block:

display: none;

3. to reduce the padding below the logo, search for the following text (or a smaller part):
body:not(.template-index) .main-content

change padding-top to something like 5px

Please let me know if these worked. Thanks.

0 Likes
mrflo
Tourist
9 1 0

Thank you so much! I managed to get rid of the horizontal line thanks to your suggestion!

I still couldn't modify the empty white space between the logo and the body. The code you provided was not in the theme.scss.liquid file. Was it supposed to be in another template file? 

Thanks Again!

0 Likes