How to give customers options to pick two items from same inventory?

Parrotdesign
2 0 0

Hi,

I'm trying to decide if Shopify is the best site for me. I want to know if there is a way to have a certain amount of inventory (say I have 72 pieces with 12 colour options in those 72 items) and I want to let customers choose two of those 72 pieces for one price. I know there are bundling packs but they seem to offer a lot of things I don't need for a price I don't want to pay in addition to Shopify's price for one menu choice. (I'm not selling the items separately, only as a two pack.)

I want to sell a pack of two, but let customers have a drop down menu to just choose two colours from a set amount. (so if they choose red and green, and now green is sold out, the next person can only choose red and purple.)

Is there any way to use the variants to do this? or do i have to pay an extra $20 a month for something like this?

0 Likes
satsinghrana
Shopify Partner
132 11 21

Hello @Parrotdesign 

It is possible, You just need to create the variants for you product in Shopify. No need to add any app for this.

Let me know if any help needed.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
Hire for Custom Shopify Solutions, Apps development or Any kind of Web development work.
See our Shopify Apps: HERE
0 Likes
Parrotdesign
2 0 0

I have 12 colours (Different amount of stock for different colours), so for me to add the twelve colours as two variant options puts it over the 100 variant limit. (The programming seems to assume the second set of 12 colours are different, so 12x12 equals 144.) Unless I’m adding it wrong. I guess I’m trying to figure out how to make the second variant option realize it’s picking from the same stock pool as the first variant. 

0 Likes