How to give free shipping with 100% discount code?

Jay28
Tourist
5 0 3

I created a 100% off discount code, but shipping charge is still applied (I have a rule saying shipping is $10 for orders below $40). Is there a way to make shipping also $0, when 100% off coupon is applied?

Dallas
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 175

Hi, there. 

This is Dallas from Shopify. I would love to help you out with the free shipping on your store. 

To get a 100% discount with free shipping you will want to set up that a shipping option for that specific option. In that case, you will need a price based shipping option. If you go to your Settings > Shipping in your online store you will need to click Edit for the shipping zone that you want to add this to. Then under Price Based Rates, you will click on Add Rate. To get free shipping you will put '$0' under the Maximum Order Price and then select Free Shipping.  You can take a look at this image here and it will show you how it will need to look. 

For your order to be entirely free you will need to make sure that you have a discount code for your items as well as the free shipping. It sounds like you have done this already but you will be able to create that by going to Discount > Create Discount. I have added a screenshot for what my screen looked like when I made it. 

Just make sure that you press Save for all of this. Once you have done that you will be able to add the discount and you will get the free shipping automatically. This screenshot will give you an example of what it will look like 

I really hope this helped! If you have any other questions at all please let me know and I will be happy to assist you further. If you'd like to get a hold of me you can reply to this forum. Or, if you'd prefer contacting a live guru you can do that too since they are here 24/7 to help you out.  

Best,
Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Jay28
Tourist
5 0 3

Hiya Dallas,

Thank you for the detailed reply, I got it working.

But, it doesn't show the Free shipping by default - it only shows up when I manually change the shipping method. Is there a way to make the Free Shipping show up as the default, when the 100% discount code is applied?

0 Likes
Dallas
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 175

Hey, Jay. 

That is wonderful that you got that working. 

If you are seeing some other shipping options as well as the free one that would just be because your order matches some other shipping parameters. If that is the case then you will want to make sure that all of the options that you are seeing are set to not include an order that costs $0. 

Then when you make sure that the order doesn't meet any of the other parameters your customers won't have any other options to choose from. 

To edit the settings of the other shipping options you can go to Settings > Shipping, find the ones that you are seeing on the checkout screen and press Edit

Does that help? 

Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Nathanaa5
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

Hi Dallas,

I am trying to do the same thing as the OP. How do you make sure the USPS rates are set to not include an order that costs $0? Here are the settings, I don't see a way to hide these when free shipping is available on $0 orders.

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
Nathanaa5
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

I just went through the flow and I'm not sure that this can work. The user selects the shipping method before they have a chance to enter the discount code - so the shipping price based rule won't apply unless they select a shipping method - then enter the code - then go back to shipping methods again. Of course, no user would know to do that.

So, is there no way to create a discount code for a free product + free shipping?

amaize
1 0 0

Hi Dallas

I'm also trying to do the same, set up discount in ReCharge to give 100% discount and amended shipping rules for my region to ensure free shipping for cart that = £0. I changed standard shipping to minimum cart = £0.01 and up but still seeing a charge for postage in the checkout process.

Can you give more details on how we can get this working? 

0 Likes
EarthToLife
Excursionist
12 1 8

Not sure if this will help what you're after but i just solved a huge issue similar to me, i think you could work it into what you're trying to do

I figured out a free-working solution to this problem!!!

(PLEASE FOLLOW ALL 3 STEPS! The App alone is not enough)
Ok so step 1: 

Go to APPS > Search 'Globo Local Delivery Store pickup' > install app > adjust settings 
Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 2.35.37 pm.png<<< the APP IS FREE!

Step 2: 
Go to Shopify Settings > Shipping > Shipping Rates > Add Rate > Based on Weight > 93,998kg > 100,000kg 
Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 2.35.17 pm.png

Step 3: 
Go to Products > Search "Local Delivery" > change product weight to 93,999kg 
Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 2.43.44 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 2.46.20 pm.png

If anyone is confused in these crazy times and needs fast help
(as I know I had to set this up asap for my business and we encountered this exact issue)
Please email me ditchworld@gmail.com and i'm happy to help 

0 Likes
jenswann
1 0 0

Did anyone figure this out? Trying to set up FREE shipping + Free product right now. Thanks.

0 Likes
Satinbae
1 0 0
Same ! I am too! I might just have to ask my influencers to send me their addresses and ship them out that way instead of using Shopify 😢
0 Likes