Solved

How to group a collection by brand.

Miguel_Charles
Tourist
6 0 2

I have found the set up of my store to be a bit messy. For example i sell pants but have many different suppliers currently. When the customer clicks on the pants tab it shows all the pants. Is there a way to group these products by brand as well? So when they click on the pants tab they go to that and then see the different brands to choose from? 

Accepted Solution (1)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Miguel_Charles! I know what you mean, and I have an idea of how you can do this: Creating a subset of collections will allow your customers to clearly see each brand as its own category within your ‘pants’ collection.

To set this up, you'll first need to create a collection for each one of your brands, and add the corresponding products to it. Then, with a little bit of coding, it’s possible to create a customized page that displays only your brand collections when clicking on the main ‘pants’ link. Clicking on any of the brand collections will show the pant products in the collection, which are thus, of that particular brand. Does that make sense?

If this sounds like the right solution for you, the steps for the customization are found in the tutorial for Feature a subset of collections on a page. If you aren’t comfortable with coding and are using a free Shopify-made theme, then the Theme department may be able to assist. To check on your design time and escalate a customization request to the Theme department, please reach out to a Support Advisor via live chat, email or phone callback by logging into your account through the Shopify Help Center.

Let me know if this helps!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Miguel_Charles! I know what you mean, and I have an idea of how you can do this: Creating a subset of collections will allow your customers to clearly see each brand as its own category within your ‘pants’ collection.

To set this up, you'll first need to create a collection for each one of your brands, and add the corresponding products to it. Then, with a little bit of coding, it’s possible to create a customized page that displays only your brand collections when clicking on the main ‘pants’ link. Clicking on any of the brand collections will show the pant products in the collection, which are thus, of that particular brand. Does that make sense?

If this sounds like the right solution for you, the steps for the customization are found in the tutorial for Feature a subset of collections on a page. If you aren’t comfortable with coding and are using a free Shopify-made theme, then the Theme department may be able to assist. To check on your design time and escalate a customization request to the Theme department, please reach out to a Support Advisor via live chat, email or phone callback by logging into your account through the Shopify Help Center.

Let me know if this helps!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.