How to hide irrelevant variant in Debut theme?

JonathanRay
2 0 0

For anyone still having issues, go to your product options and redorder your variants so that size is last

0 Likes
icodedev14
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi, I have tried this code in the debut theme and its working. But when I tried this in my theme its not working. In my theme, there is no vendor.js file Is there any other solution for this.

0 Likes
oulisointment
1 0 0

Rick, I found your post and I was wondering if you could help.  I am using debut theme and when I tried pasting your code to my theme it did not work.  Any chance you could share your product-template.liquid so I can make sure I am not breaking anything? Thanks

0 Likes
Komal_agg89
23 0 0

Hey,

You can add an if condition in your product-template.liquid file to show items in dropdown only when the variant is available. However, this doesn't work if you have 2 or 3 types of variants. Example: Colour & Size or Colour, Size & Material.

You will need a JS logic, which can get tricky based on theme you are using. Also, you will need to think if all the products go out of stock, what you want to happen?

You can also try out this app: https://apps.shopify.com/autohide-soldout-products

which can hide out of stock variants, and hide entire product when all the variants of products are out of stock. When variant or product is back in stock, it also unhides it from the store. Contact their support team, they are really fast!

0 Likes
Abby_155
Excursionist
9 0 6

Hi Tim, 

I am trying to implement this in my Shopify store (working with Brooklyn theme right now) and I am not finding the linked-options.liquid in snippets. Any ideas what might be going on or what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

0 Likes
cristian_c
Tourist
6 0 7

Tim,

let me tell you you a re a real lifesaver, thanks for your post, it worked perfectly!

0 Likes
che_t3
Tourist
14 0 0

where is the linked.options snippet in debut?

0 Likes
AvidBrio
Shopify Expert
125 6 12

@che_t3  you to create new one

https://community.shopify.com/c/Technical-Q-A/how-to-show-the-linked-option-on-Minimal-theme/m-p/103... 

here is my solution you can check

If you find our comment helpful, hit the like button and accept it as a solution.
Want us to implement custom changes in your store? Contact us
Email me directly - jim@avidbrio.com
0 Likes