Solved

How to insert Paypal Buy Now Pay Later Button

luxdepristine
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi All,

How do i insert PAYPAL BUY NOW PAY LATER In my shopify store at the checkout? I chatted with shopify and it seems i need to try the forum or hire an expert.

I was sent this Instruction, It Seems like i can not find this in my theme liquid? Help on this is GREATFUL appreciated.

1. Copy the following code and paste between<head>...</head>on your page.
    <script
        src="https://www.paypal.com/sdk/js?client-id=AddR-KfJ9l1KImoKCH_f6Ppt__okx7sf2tcJbMxHqcu5Ay46kTBrhIKXfdhWdbXxHREZF9Z4XvQVbg61&components=messages"
        data-namespace="PayPalSDK">
    </script>
    Copy to clipboard
  2. Copy the following code and paste between<body>...</body>on your page anywhere you'd like your messages to appear. We recommend placing them near the price of your products or cart amount.
    <!--
        In your code, update data-pp-amount
        with the price or cart amount. For
        example, data-pp-amount="89.99" for
        a $89.99 product.
    -->
    <div
        data-pp-message
        data-pp-style-layout="text"
        data-pp-style-logo-type="inline"
        data-pp-style-text-color="black"
        data-pp-amount="ENTER_VALUE_HERE">
    </div>
    Copy to clipboard
  3. Update the value for data-pp-amount so that the SDK can display the most relevant messaging to your customers. For example, for a page with a $89.99 product, update it to data-pp-amount="89.99".
  4. Save your code changes and publish them to your production environment.
Accepted Solution (1)
Jimi32
Visitor
2 1 11

This is an accepted solution.

Anyone have any luck with this?? I can't quite comprehend that with these 2 giants, Paypal and Shopify, there's not any easy to find installation guide for adding Paypal Pay in 4 to one's Shopify site!!

View solution in original post

Replies 34 (34)

Ponzi
Visitor
2 0 0

I need assistance with this as well 😞

Clarke-
Shopify Partner
48 6 14

You cannot change the checkout unless you are Shopify plus.

These Paypal installation guidelines are for not for Shopify, this method if for developers creating their own checkout.

As far as I'm aware there isn't an integration for this yet. You have to use the default Paypal integration (customers will be offered credit when redirected to Paypals checkout, when appropriate.)

see this article https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/Paypal-Credit-I-can-t-find-how-to-add-...

Please like and mark my post as a solution if I've helped you, thanks.
RandMboxes
Tourist
4 0 3

Clarke- Your reference unfortunately is from 2016. We need something more updated. So it would be nice if shopify can send an update.

Clarke-
Shopify Partner
48 6 14

@RandMboxes Shopify cannot comment on the operation of Paypal's business, even Paypals closest partner eBay only displays a banner for PayPal credit.

The only option as mentioned in the link is to copy eBays approach and display a banner on carts/products that qualify for Paypal Credit (in the UK that would be purchases over £99).

Anyone making a qualifying purchase through Paypal will be offered credit.

Please like and mark my post as a solution if I've helped you, thanks.
luxdepristine
Tourist
10 0 1
Oh Great.
I will do that.
Thank You.
Cmin
Visitor
2 0 0

Is it Working on your side

Jimi32
Visitor
2 1 11

This is an accepted solution.

Anyone have any luck with this?? I can't quite comprehend that with these 2 giants, Paypal and Shopify, there's not any easy to find installation guide for adding Paypal Pay in 4 to one's Shopify site!!

BlairMcDonald
Shopify Partner
2 0 3

@Jimi32 wrote:

Shopify literally chose not to integrate. This from PayPal Technical Support today:

"I understand that you would like to integrate Pay Later feature on your Shopify website.

Unfortunately, Shopify doesn't support to display Pay Later button/messages on their PayPal integration process to your Shopify website, and Shopify is the sole decider of this feature with the full control of that."

This is why you can't find any information in the Developer section of PayPal about setting up Pay Later/Pay in 4 on a Shopify site (although it's fine if you're on BigCommerce, WooCommerce or Magento!). The only reasoning I can fathom for this is that Shopify would be working on a Pay Later scheme for ShopPay/ShopifyPayments - that's just a guess though.

Irieroots
Visitor
2 0 2

What’s even more frustrating is I hired a Shopify expert for help, provided the exact coding required for the the pay in 4 buttons, and it’s still not showing. Only offered credit. A waste of time and money. There should be information that states the pay in 4 isn’t available. 

guy_hayes
Tourist
4 0 8

Have stuffed around for a while.

go here and edit how you want the messaging to look then click get code: https://www.paypal.com/ppcredit/messaging/customize?layout=text&device=message&logo-type=primary&tex...

In the <head> (near the top of your theme.liquid) add the code generated which looks similar to this. (but not this or it might break)

<script src="https://www.paypal.com/sdk/js?client-id=ATZxlf8Dbnhp-dTcc3JKg5FkTRCBdJaFpverP2QPFHmAfubc4DRHspTUNSN9..." data-namespace="PayPalSDK"> </script>

Go to product.liquid and add this under the price area in your code. Stuff around to find the right spot on-page.

<div data-pp-message data-pp-style-layout="text" data-pp-style-logo-type="primary" data-pp-style-text-color="black" data-pp-amount="{{ product.price | divided_by: 100.00 }}"> </div>

Code working here https://artark.com.au/products/simon-namunjdja-mimih-spirit-sculpture-75cm

Enabind
Visitor
1 0 1

Are you using a theme when you set this up or have you made a custom cart? 

I need this explained in simple terms lol 😂 I can’t even figure out where to paste the codes 🤦🏼‍♀️

freemysoul
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi,

Many thanks for providing this as the info is pretty much the same as what Paypal are saying, but Paypal don't really tell you where in the code you must do the changes. 

Question:

Where in the Product. Liquid file do I find the "Price area" within the code? 

I have this sections in the Product.Liquid file:

<!-- /templates/product.liquid -->
{%- section 'product-template' -%}

{%- section "dbtfy-upsell-bundles" -%}

{%- section 'dbtfy-product-page-builder' -%}

{%- section 'product-row' -%}

{%- section 'dbtfy-pricing-table' -%}

{%- section 'product-recommendations' -%}

{%- unless settings.review_widget_tabs -%}
{%- render 'review-widget' -%}
{%- endunless -%}

{%- section "dbtfy-faq-section" -%}

{%- section 'related-products' -%}

{%- if collection and settings.show_back_to_collection -%}
<div class="back-box">
<a href="{{ collection.url }}" class="btn btn--banner">
<span class="{{settings.icon}}" aria-hidden="true">arrow_back</span>
{{ 'products.general.collection_return' | t: collection: collection.title }}
</a>
</div>
{%- endif -%}

{%- section 'quotes' -%}

I can click on the {%- section 'dbtfy-pricing-table' -%} section and expand it, but then inserting the code anywhere within this section does nothing on the site unfortunately.

Any advice is most welcome.

Florian2
Shopify Expert
10 0 12

since the code is different for each theme it's not easy to know, you will want to check all sections mentioned in your template file, like this one:

{%- section 'product-template' -%}  and so forth. One simple trick is to add a small text (just like ...) somewhere and check where it shows on the site (do that on an unpublished theme)

The more correct way is to use the inspector on chrome or safari, check the div class of the price and then look for that one in your file. You might want to add the Bold Chrome extension "shopify theme search" for a faster way.

If you link your site, i'll show you.

matson645
Tourist
4 0 1

product-template.liquid for debutify 4.10 around line 184  this is just after the product price and will inject there 

ERO17
Visitor
1 0 3

You are my man

data-pp-amount="{{ product.price | divided_by: 100.00 }}"> is the KEY !

jack524
Visitor
1 0 1

Yes, it works, but if the price changes when the variant changes, the amount of the installment unfortunately does not update, unless you refresh the page, how can I fix it?

kvg_australia
Excursionist
17 0 4

Jack524, have you (or anyone else) managed to find a solution to this, so that the amount of the instalment dynamically changes when you select another variant with a different price?

laserdragon
Tourist
11 0 5

Hi, data-pp-amount="{{ product.price | divided_by: 100.00 }}" doesn't work with variant pricing. Any idea how to make the variant pricing working with this data-pp-amount?

chiggerz
Visitor
1 0 0

did you figure this out at all?  

{{ product.selected_or_first_available_variant.price | money_without_currency | remove: "," | divide_by: 100 }}

This works but it only updates visually after a page refresh which isnt ideal at all.   Would like for the price to change dynamically depending on the variant that is selected without needing a page refresh.

diane777
Visitor
1 0 1

Thank you friend ! You saved me !

Alitech
Shopify Partner
16 0 6

Hi Guy-hayes

Your solution seems to be the most promising so far from what I can see, however your website does not show the paypal credit options on checkout. 

Were you able to do this on checkout also so it shows somewhere on there?

Cmin
Visitor
2 0 0

I need assistance too

na92129
Tourist
6 0 2

Can anyone help answer this, please.

When it says to change the "ENTER_VALUE_HERE" to 89.00.  This is a specific number.  The total cart amount is not use to show the 4 payments amount.  It use the amount I inserted like $100.

Shouldn't this be generic so it use the amount from the total cart amount or product price?  Does anyone know how I can do that.  

Using Retina Theme - Out of the Sandbox.  Thank you

na92129
Tourist
6 0 2

Update - to make it dynamic, I was able to use this for product variant

data-pp-amount= "{{ variant.price | money_without_currency | remove: "," | divide_by: 100 }}"

and this for cart total

data-pp-amount="{{ cart.total_price | money_without_currency | remove: "," | divide_by: 100 }}"

I hope this helps someone. Please note, there are probably other ways of doing this as well based on your code/theme.  However, I wanted to post as it took me a while to find a good example of of changing the $89.00 with a generic one.

Florian2
Shopify Expert
10 0 12

this one might be even a bit more dynamic : {{ product.selected_or_first_available_variant.price | money_without_currency }} 🙂

imz3r0c00l
Tourist
11 0 2

Both of the above work when there is a single variant. 

Any of you have an idea on how to update the paypal monthly estimate when the user selects a different variant that has a change in price? 

same question for updating the total in case the customer purchases more than a single item. 

have not really found a smooth solution. 

Regards,

Patrick

Hobbycircuit
Visitor
1 0 0

Well

i was looking to add this but more shopify issues 

think its time to move

guy_hayes
Tourist
4 0 8

AfterPay charges 6% - PayPal 2.9% = worth the extra time to get right

lustdiva
Tourist
9 0 2

I agree completely here. I have to look into the details first to be completely accurate. But in my opinion since I've been with PayPal so long vs starting new with another company (affirm,afterpay,etc...) That alone with a proper laid out business plan and time under your belt since starting your business to show current loss/profit portfolio and also projected data. In my opinion it seems like I would be able to get PayPal to open up a business line of credit for me in a much faster time frame then starting with a new company. I'm lucky thankfully as business has been great for me. But if its going good or bad for you. Having $10,000 sitting there at no cost to you and only pay on what you borrow unlike taking out a loan for $10,000. Your stuck flipping the bill on the interest, fees, etc... from that whole $10,000. So if your numbers are still correct, and my opinion is at least half accurate as of todays current financial programs being offered by PayPal and all these other pay in 4 companies popping up like crazy. It would be the most financially sound strategy to implement. Again, regardless how your business is doing. Having that amount sitting there for an unforeseen emergency is a smart way to go. Also, pending your business credit you could pull off from it here and there just to have an added access point to easily build up your credit score faster and stronger. Just my 2 cents, I hope someone figures this out cause I cant code for sh!t either. So thats just mumbo jumbo to me. Hopefully since I'm assuming it has to be code. That someone out there cracks this and says copy and paste this here and/or here. One and done and a huge thank you to all those wickedly talented coders out there. I would be lost without them!!! Good Luck...;)

Ry
keysol
Shopify Partner
20 0 11

Hi Guys,

This worked for me on the product page.

data-pp-amount="{{ current_variant.price | money_without_currency | remove: "," | divided_by: 100 }}"

And for cart page

data-pp-amount="{{ cart.total_price | money_without_currency | remove: "," | divided_by: 100 }}

I hope it helps.

Thank you

mezomc
Visitor
1 0 1

{{ product.selected_variant.price | divided_by: 100.00 }}

ecsdeveloper2
Tourist
7 1 2

Hi,

We have implement it in same way in product detail page and PayPal Pay Later is working fine.

But issue is, when user can click on Pay Later button and pay the payment on paypal but in shopify not generate any order so admin need in PayPal statement and create manual order in shopify.

Pay Later button - it is totally benefit to PayPal only and it is not fully solution for Shopify. 

Thanks!

Gigi22
6 0 0

It’s not ideal. My web designer has been at it for weeks. I wish Shopify would integrate this better.  

Lynne_Cimino
Visitor
1 0 0

I used to have a button I added to my checkout encouraging customers to use PayPal Credit as it offers no interest to pay over 6 months and only charges me the 2.9% not 6% like Shopify Pay.  

The process for customers to apply and get approved during at checkout makes it easy.  But then once I updated my theme it all disappeared.  

PayPal gave me the code for the button so hopefully I can get another. 

Now that I have to start over to add this I though I would ask if anyone had luck doing this recently or will Shopiy block it?  Im using Dawn Theme without Shopify Plus

Thanks!

PayPal Credit

Buy now. Pay over time.

Shop with PayPal Credit’s digital, reusable credit line to get No Interest if paid in full in 6 months on purchases of $99+¹. Seriously.