How to insert multiple products images in product description?

architecture
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi, 

Why multiple selection is not enabled in image Selection box in product description?

We can only insert the images one by one under product description which is really annoying.

Why the shopify developers did not consider multiple selection Option for adding images to the text!!!!???

What make it even worst is that the product images is not even filtered for the current product. It means that you should go through ALL the product images to find the images of the current product, add an image and repeat this loop!

A lot of my time is wasting on that!

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1001 61 164

Hey, @architecture.

Tira here to help.

Thanks for your question and I appreciate you sharing your frustrations. Someone in the community asked a similar question on uploading images in bulk. My colleague, Jason, has outlined two ways that you can do this in their post here: How to bulk upload images?.

Is this what you were looking to do?

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
architecture
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi Tira,

Thank you for your reply but that question is not what I meant.

I want to insert multiple images between texts in product description. 

I have uploaded all the product images but you can only insert them one by one and multiple selection is not enabled in the selection window it is really annoying!

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1001 61 164

Thanks for clarifying what you want to do, @architecture

I see what you mean. You’re correct, there isn’t an option to upload multiple images in bulk through the rich text editor when updating your product description. 

This is something that has been brought up by several merchants. I am happy to forward your feedback to our developers so that they are aware of how we can improve your experience and our merchants experience using Shopify. If we move forward with this, we will add this to our changelog or announcements page.

Before I send this to our developers, I would love to know more about how this would benefit your store. What kind of products are you selling? Let me know and I can forward this and also add any resources or tips as a workaround.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

architecture
Tourist
9 0 1

Thanks Tira,

Yes it really needs to be solved. I found out that it is an issue that many others have with the current developed UI. 

I sell Fashion products and inserting large images and the related description for each Image helps the customer to know better the product Features.

Thank you again and looking forward to the Updates in this regard.

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1001 61 164

Thanks for these details and I appreciate you researching this on your own, @architecture. I understand how adding multiple images at once to your product description would be beneficial to your store and I have sent your feedback to our developers. 

As a workaround, I suggest using the Files page of your store to upload multiple products at once, then inserting the URLs into your product description using the rich text editor, where you would like to see your images. 

To access the Files page of the Shopify admin you can follow these steps:

1. Login to the Shopify admin
  2. Click on Settings > Files
  3. Click on Upload files
  4. Select one or more files you would like to upload
  5. Once you’ve uploaded your files, you can copy and paste the URLs into your rich text editor and insert them using these steps.

To learn more about file uploads in the Shopify admin, check out our help doc.

Another option is to add a lookbook gallery to your store, here is one app, Shoppable Fashion Galleries by AuraApps that can help you do that. As this is a third-party app developed by a third-party developer, should you have any questions I recommend reaching out to the third-party developer directly by using the information listed underneath the ‘Support” section of the app’s page.

I would love to know if this helps you achieve what you need to do.

0 Likes