How to link Debut theme Newsletter Signup to Mailchimp?

Shopify Partner
22 0 2

I know other themes have a "form action" field to link this form in the footer directly to a Mailchimp list. Am I missing something in this new Debut theme?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
181 0 9

Hey Jordan,

Nick here from Shopify.

We're no longer supporting adding form action URL's to the footer in the old way. As such, you'll need to use the MailChimp App. This means that when a customer adds their email to the newsletter section, it's pulled into the customer section, and then the app pulls it into your mailchimp listings.

Hope this helps!

Nicholas
Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
22 0 2

Nick, thanks for the help. I installed that app and synched it up to a list on my MC account. But the list remains empty, yet I have over 100 customers in Shopify. Does it take time to go through? Am I doing something wrong?

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
29 0 3

Jordan,I think mailchimp only moves new subscribers, to move your existing customer database you will have to export them from shopify and import them to mailchimp (annoying). Also be careful that mailchimp doesnt send them all the welcome email again when you do this (like it did to mine). 

Nick, is there a way to tell mailchimp which list to put customers into? previously diffrent sign up foms could be linked to diffrent lists on mailchimp - now it seems all customers are dumped in one place. 

Thnks,

Dan 

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 1

I was reading this post and was wondering if anyone can help me out.  I'm also using Debut theme and have the MailChimp App. My customers do trasnfer to MailChimp, but they dont get a welcome newletter, and I dont get an email that I have a new subscriber.   

Hope someone can help me out.

Thank you

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
22 0 2

Hey Kristen, have you set up an automation in MailChimp to send out an auto email to new subscribers? This is what you'll need for them to receive a welcome email automatically. I can help you with that if you want to email me: jordanwflower@gmail.com

0 Likes
2 0 1

Related to the Debut sign up...I want to change the pop up confirmation upon sign up and can't see how. direction please? Thanks!

0 Likes