How to make PayPal option the only 'other payment' that appears on your product

Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

There is google pay and paypal, and some times when you go to my site under 'add to cart' it will have one or the other. I just want paypal to show up. I don't want to REMOVE google pay, but I want the default other payment that shows to be paypal, and to see google you have to go to 'more payment options'

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1060 63 205

Hey, @steffanm

The dynamic checkout buttons were designed to be convenient for the customeras the system will display accelerated payment options that fit that individual (i.e. Apple Pay on Apple devices, Google Pay on Android devices). The options shown depend on a few different variables, though, at this time, it would not be possible to edit which options appear where. To have the desired result, would require disabling Google Pay. 

May I ask why you're wanting Paypal to be the only option appearing while hiding Google Pay under the "more payment options?"

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

I think paypal is far more likely to be used so I'd prefer it to show what the customer is more likely to be able to use and thus make them more inclined to feel they have another valid payment option. But both is fine if it can't be removed

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1060 63 205

@steffanm 

I understand and thank you for sharing your feedback. Dynamic checkout buttons are intended to showcase the option that is most applicable to your customer to make it as convenient for them as possible. Nevertheless, I can appreciate why you'd want this flexibility so I have sent up your feedback to our products team to see if this is something we can change in a future update. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like