How to make a link that will open a pop up with a picture on every product page

Aleksandra
1 0 0

Hi all,

I am not technical person and I searched this forum but haven't found the answer :(

On every product page I would like to add a text/ link "See our return policy" that will open a pop up window with picture with return process.  I want to have it just under price information.

Can someone help me how to import that image and then which code should i write where to have it working?

Thank you in advance!

Aleksandra

0 Likes
Alex23
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
523 1 104

Hey, Aleksandra!

I'm Alex, with the Shopify team!

No problem at all! First, what you'll want to do is upload that file to your Shopify admin. To do so, head in your admin to Settings > Files, and click on Upload files. There's more detail on that in our guide right over here!

Once done, you'll be able to use the URL you now see associated with that file to create your popup. There's instructions on there to add it as an image on your product page, but no problem if you'd prefer to have that as a link instead. There's more on that in our guide to using the Rich Text Editor, right over here. You can select it to open in a new window when adding your link!

If you'd prefer a popup rather than an entirely new window, that can be done, though it does involve a little more work with code. Click on the HTML view (there's more on that over here), and use the following code with that image URL:

<a href="YOURURLHERE" 
  target="popup" 
  onclick="window.open('YOURURLHERE','popup','width=600,height=600'); return false;">
    YOUR TEXT HERE
</a>

Hope that's helped! Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

A_A1
Tourist
3 0 3

Hi Alex,

I am getting a new window instead of a popup.

goforbrokedenim
1 0 1

I was following this tutorial and I am also getting a new window instead of a pop up. How can I fix this?