How to make a multilingual site with VENTURE THEME

JLbyone
Excursionist
168 16 34

Good afternoon community, we continue talking about the topic of creating a multilingual site with VENTURE THEME.
In the first instance, we have Spanish as the main language and we are looking to add English as a secondary language. In addition we would like the site to detect the origin of the client and correctly display "IS or IN" site.

As our friend @PeanutButter  commented:
"Just in summary, let you know that you need an app if you want 2 languages in the same shopify store. However, results are pretty good since shopify launched the new translation api. Also, you can redirect user to language based on user's browser language or by his IP "

We would like to add a block at the top of the header, where to select these languages as: ES / EN.

Lets talk about that, appreciate any help with this. And for sure we can make a great post for community.

0 Likes
JLbyone
Excursionist
168 16 34

up!

0 Likes
PeanutButter
Shopify Partner
330 65 136

Hi @JLbyone

You have to options for having you site in 2 languages:

1- Ideal Solution - Have to Separate Shopify Stores

The best solution in terms of having a 100% translated store in each language is to create a separate Shopify Store per language. 
Then you would have to use an app to have both store's inventory in sync.

This solution is a more expensive solution and also adds complexity by having to sync inventory between stores and manage to different shopifys

2- Good Solution - Translate store with an app

Use one of the many apps available to translate your store. I personally recommend Langify, with a cost of 17.50$/month

Only think you will not be able to translate with langify is the URLs of your site, so for instance, if you have an URL is your original shop which is https://your-store.com/collections/relojes, then the URL for the english store will be https://your-store.com/en/collections/relojes,but you will not be able to translate the url tohttps://your-store.com/collections/watches.
This is the only current limitation for translating stores with apps, which I really hope gets fixed in the future.

Let me know any doubts you have about all this.

Peanut Butter Collective | Shopify Experts
- Was my reply helpful? Please Like and Accept Solution.
- Want to customize and improve your store? Hire us.
- Feel free to contact me us hello@peanutbutter.es
JLbyone
Excursionist
168 16 34

Good afternoon, thank you so much for your answer.

I have several questions about LANGIFY:
- Do you think it is an application that would slow down the speed of the website?
- Speaking in terms of SEO, how would it be better to leave the pages in English or Spanish? I mean,  "/pages/nosotros" or "/pages/about"

Thanks, JL.

0 Likes
PeanutButter
Shopify Partner
330 65 136

hi @JLbyone, about your questions:

- Do you think it is an application (langify) that would slow down the speed of the website?

I don't think it would slow done your site, however I can check it in one of my test stores.  I will test speed with and without the app.
Also, @PageFly could you be so kind to give as your inside on the matter? Does Langify have a negative impact in performance?

- Speaking in terms of SEO, how would it be better to leave the pages in English or Spanish? I mean,  "/pages/nosotros" or "/pages/about"

This would depend on which is your main target market.  I would say for the little I know about your project that maybe urls in english would be a good idea, but it is something that would need deeper analysis.

Peanut Butter Collective | Shopify Experts
- Was my reply helpful? Please Like and Accept Solution.
- Want to customize and improve your store? Hire us.
- Feel free to contact me us hello@peanutbutter.es
0 Likes