How to make full width product description for Venture theme

Solved
Jeremy_Kim
2 0 0

Does anyone know how to make a full-width product description for Venture theme.

I want the product description full-width right under the product image and the add to cart button so my visitors don't have to scroll too much. 

I'd greatly appreciate the help!

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3648 304 703

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Jeremy_Kim,

Nick here from Shopify. 

It's difficult to give an exact answer to this without seeing the store and product page itself. I did speak to a member of our theme support team who advised the following steps to take to accomplish this. Let's take a look at them below:

1. Open-up product-template.liquid
  2. Use CTRL/CMD+F to locate product.description which will look like the following: 
     <div class="rte product-single__description" itemprop="description">
              {{ product.description }}
            </div>
  3. Directly above this code, add the following: 
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class="grid__item">
  4. Just down a little bit, you should see 4 </div>. 
              <hr>
              {% include 'social-sharing', share_title: product.title, share_permalink: product.url, share_image: product %}
            {% endif %}
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
    </div>
  5. Delete the last </div> so that you only have 3 closing </div>. 

Something to note is that the code might not look exactly the same depending on what version of the theme you are using, but this is the general idea of how to accomplish what you're looking for. 

Should you not be comfortable making code changes like this, not to worry, because Venture is a Shopify developed theme, this is something the theme support team can look into helping you with directly if you wanted to go that route also. Just reply in the thread here to let me know. 

Hope this helps. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Msag
1 0 2

I know this post is from last year but just wanted to let you know that it worked for my theme Brooklyn. I tried so many things and nothing worked until now. Thank you!

Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3648 304 703

That's great to hear @Msag. Thanks for letting us know!

0 Likes
Jojoia
3 0 0

Thank you so much! It is exactly what I was looking for.

0 Likes
Reelaix
2 0 1

Works fine thank you Nick

0 Likes
Crealive
Excursionist
13 0 5

Hi Nick - Doing changes on the liquids is very new to me and I am very unsure about. However I tried according your above note. When I click to preview - the change is not visible. Is there something wrong in the change I have done in the liquid? I have an empty row between the copied part and <div class=grid__item"> - might this be the issue? I have absolutely no idea about these kind of things. And I don't want to destroy anything on the codes.

Crealive_0-1618736610625.png

Thanks for helping me! Best regards, Judith

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3648 304 703

Hi @Crealive,

Oh for sure it can be difficult if you aren't comfortable making these types of changes yourself. My advice would be to reach out to our support team and have this looked at by our themes team. Because you are using the Venture theme our theme support team can support it. If you are on a paid plan you would be eligible for 60 free minutes of design time too where this could be done. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, your best next step here is to contact the support team through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our support team here and log in to your account to talk to someone and have our themes team take a look into this for you. 

Crealive
Excursionist
13 0 5

Thank you very much Nick! So the issue is not the empty line? If not, I guess that's the best solution to contact the support team. Best regards, Judith