How to make my photos fit when creating my website?

6 0 0

Hi All,

I have been having huge issues with building out my shopify website.

None of the pictures I am uploading onto my shopify website (slides especially) are fitting and they are blown out of proportion, they are very zoomed in. I want the pictures to be zoomed out.

How do I possibly fix this issue?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
346 16 50

Hello, @jamesppark!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! What size are your storefront images? If you're referring to product images, your images can be up to 4472 x 4472 px (20 MP). If you have any square images, you can make the image size up to 2048 x 2048 px. If you have a zoom feature for your product images, then you would want your images to be over 800 x 800 pixels so that the zoom functionality works correctly. Your theme can effect the way your images show up on your storefront too, so be sure to double check any theme documentation you have for your storefront theme. 

I would recommend reading through our Product Images guide and our Complete Guide to DIY Product Photography for some tips and advice about how to upload your images and what size they need to be. 

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hi Karlie,

Thanks for the reply. I've attached a few photos below to help better explain my issue.

As you can see in Pic 1. That is my shopify website. The original photo is Pic 2. How do make it so that the photo zooms out so I can fit the whole picture into my slide show?

This happens to my of my photos... Please help!

Pic 1

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 7.14.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-19 at 2.46.26 PM.pngPic 2

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1129 90 138

Please Share a Store url to better assist

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Problem Solved?✔️Like and Accept the solution that can help others.
Need any help with theme customization or design? Hire us
Email: infoperennialsolution@gmail.com
0 Likes
6 0 0

https://reven-abs.myshopify.com/

Here it is.

The first photo is fine. Its the second and third images on the slide I am having difficulty with. 

How do I get the images to be zoomed out so their whole bodies are being shown? 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
346 16 50

Hey, @jamesppark!

Karlie here! Can you tell me what the theme is called that you're currently using? You can find out which theme you're currently using by going into your Shopify Admin> Online Store> Themes section. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
6 0 0

The theme I am using is Boundless.

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hi there,

I've updated my site and you should see the issue I am having on the second slide on the main page.

Let me know your thoughts.

0 Likes
Astronaut
1069 145 260

You need to use proper image sizes. If you look at the picture you're using, and then the dimensions of your slideshow, the problem is pretty obvious -- you're using a picture where the height is much larger than the width, and the slideshow is wider than it is tall. So your theme is making it stretch 100% of the container. You're going to want to use something more around 1920w x1080h. 

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
6 0 0

Ok. I figured that is the case. However, is there a tool out there that can resize or change the resolution of the images so it can fit?

0 Likes