How to make slide image clickable with link

Highlighted
9 0 0

Hello , i want to ask the experts how can you make an image to be clickable on the debute theme , i dont want to have the text in the middle and the button on the image so i removed them , but i cannot see any option to link the image to a link .

My website: https://ultrabass.myshopify.com/

Password: 1234

Thankyou !

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

Hi Roland,

Just took a look at your site . Which images ate you trying to add a link to? Everything on the homepage should have that feature built in already and you can change those links through thr customizer tool. If you can point me in the right spot illI be happy to let you know what code you'll need changed.

Thanks,

Get a small job done for $20 - Same day delivery.
0 Likes
9 0 0

I am trying to add a like to the slide images , at the slide there are 4 images that change every 5 seconds , i want to add link to those 4 images.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

Roland,

What I would recommend, since you're not using the button or text overlay which come standard on this theme, would be to alter the code in your hero.liquid and slideshow.liquid files to pull the link url from the "Button Link" field in your customization settings. This will make it easy to change the link as you change/update the individual slides/photos in the future rather than hard coding that information in. Of course, you'd have to change the code to apply the link to the hero image itself, and not the button.

This would require a solid understanding of html, css and liquid to change. I'm happy to help get this done for you if you need further assistance. Feel free to drop me an email.

Thanks,

Get a small job done for $20 - Same day delivery.
0 Likes
9 0 0

I have basic understanding in html , so if someone can point out for me what to edit in code , i can do it, so can you explain what do i have to edit in the slideshow.liquid ?

0 Likes
9 0 0

I tried to add the following code into the hero.liquid : 

<script>
  $(function(){
    $('.hero__slide')
      .css('cursor', 'pointer')
      .click(function(){ window.location.href = '/collections/all' });
  });
</script>

But sadly it doesnt do anything ...

0 Likes