How to move 'additional checkout buttons' from cart to checkout?

Highlighted
Trailblazer
245 1 51

I just removed the 'additional cart buttons' code from my cart page..that would be Google Pay and Apple Pay. According to this Shopify tutorial, they should now appear on my checkout page but they do not. 

I would appreciate any help! I don't want to lose these payment options altogether but they looked lousy on the cart page:). I am using Minimal theme. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1381 112 211

Hi @Smeelah 

Can you share your store URL!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
245 1 51

Sure, if it's helpful! LeilaCools.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
245 1 51

Hi...I still really need help with this.

I was just testing a new currency with the checkout process and the payment buttons were there...either in the checkout area or cart. But when I went back to try again, the buttons had disappeared and have not resurfaced. 

Even just a hint of what to troubleshoot would be much appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
245 1 51

Now they are back! 

In case anyone is reading this, is it possible to remove Paypal from the drop down menu but keep the Paypal 'Express Payment' button? The button allows for checkout in the customer's chosen currency and the Paypal in the option does not;/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi, looks like you've got exactly the same problem as i have now, changed currency and the express checkout on the checkout page disappeared, could you please help me solving this issue? Love to hear back from you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
245 1 51

Did you try the tutorial that I linked to in the first post?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Thanks for your fast reply, yes i already did that, the buttons on the cart page disappeared but the express checkout still didn’t show up in the checkout page. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
245 1 51
In my case they did show up later. Perhaps because they are based on the
user's preferences and use the payment options? I hope that's the case and
that they show up for you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Oh Okay, i hope they will work, thanks for your help.

0 Likes