How to move out of stock products to the end of collection/ search results

Solved
2 0 0

I want to move temporary out of stock products to the end of collection and search results. It's not a good UX as they appear on the top page while users can't buy.

I'm have a lil bit experience in coding.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
582 68 102

Hey, @Jessieb1!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

The best way to do this, in my opinion, is to use a third-party app like this one. There are some code snippets you can use but I haven't found any reliable ones. They always depend on what theme you are using and can conflict with other app codes quite easily. We have a guide on hiding out of stock products here if you would like to explore that option? 

If you are still interested in finding a code that will help create this, then I would recommend hiring a Shopify Expert! You can actually post a job on the Shopify Experts Page here and see what feedback and quotes you get. You can find where and how to do this here.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions at all, I am always happy to help!

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thank

The app you mentioned still shows out of stock items on search results. When customers search on my site, it can make them frustrated to encounter many out of stock on first page result.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Explorer
52 3 0

Hello @Jessieb1 

You could try Merchandising tool in our app https://apps.shopify.com/ultimate-search-and-filter-1 to bury sold out products on the Collection and Search result pages.

IMG-121.png

Hope it could help.

0 Likes