How to offer an in-store pick up option that adds a 5% discount to the order when they use it

Highlighted
1 0 0

Any ideas how to set something like this up.
Customer must be able to select in store pickup at checkout as a shipping option, which charges no shipping fee, but rewards them with an automatic 5% off their order.

I save on shipping so they should save because they are collecting.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I am very interested i this as well.

I have not found any ways to configure a discount on a specific shipping method.

I want to be able to add a discount for when my customers select  the pick up in store shipping option.

there doesnt seem to be a way to add a discount for this specific conditions.

if anyone knows how to get this done, plz help.  Even if custom code is the solution.

thanks 

yerikx

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

We are interested in this too. Anyone find a solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Anyone found a solution for this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

We ended up creating a pick-up delivery option and put the discount code and instructions to enter it in the pick-up description text: "Shipping 10% Discount for Curbside Pickup at Warehouse (Enter "Pickup10" discount code in payment section) Pickup address: ADDRESS "

Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 1

@Mezehub interested in your approach:

1) is this not the "Notification that the order can be picked up - Collection instructions" field? I do not see another pick-up description text. Is this not send only after payment, so the discount can only be used (once) for a future order? 

2) if customers can read this before payment would this not allow to "mis-use" the "Pickup10" discount code in payment section for regular orders with shipping?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

@Ober wrote:

@Mezehub interested in your approach:

1) is this not the "Notification that the order can be picked up - Collection instructions" field? I do not see another pick-up description text. Is this not send only after payment, so the discount can only be used (once) for a future order? 

2) if customers can read this before payment would this not allow to "mis-use" the "Pickup10" discount code in payment section for regular orders with shipping?

I put that text in the actual Shipping option description. We won't deliver if they misuse that code, which is pretty easy to enforce since it's for pick up only.
Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 4.42.42 PM.png

Highlighted

I have a client who is interested in this as well.  I didn't see any easy options from inside Shopify.

Working in eCommerce for 17 years I like Mezehub's suggestion, but I know the customers I've worked with would abuse such a coupon code, then complain that there order was cancelled or cancel their order if asked to pay the 10% for not picking up.

0 Likes