How to prevent people from RIGHT CLICK " SAVE IMAGE AS" on my images?

Highlighted
Tourist
24 0 1

Hi there.

I want to prevent people from being able to right click and "SAVE IMAGE AS" on all of my pictures.

How do I go about accomplishing this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
648 0 103

If you publish something on the web, people are going to be able to download it. You can find ways to make it harder, such as using CSS to place image in the background and placing an invisible PNG file over the top. There are various other techniques.

It ends up being more work on your part, and it won't stop the people who really want to download your images. They can always take a screenshot.

Whatever technique you choose, becuase careful it doesn't have adverse effects on your site.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
283 0 53

Hi Ryan,

I would have to agree with Ricky. There are many other ways to capture a picture from a site besides the right click method, so disabling the function is not suggested. For the most part it will negatively effect the shopping experience for visitors more than anything.

With that said, there has been a thread about this, although, many browsers will ignore this type of code, since it hinders browser utilities: View old thread here

If you choose to use the code, it would be placed in the theme.liquid file to effect the whole site. 

Best of luck!
Hugh

Happy selling! :)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
17 1 3

There's an app that does exactly what you're looking for!

https://apps.shopify.com/disable-right-click

It disables the "Save as..." menu, keyboard shortcuts etc.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
8 0 4

Hello Ryan Parker,

If you're looking for an app that will automatically disable right click functionality, you might want to take a look at this app: https://apps.shopify.com/right-click-defender?ref=adolab

Right Click Defender instantly generates code that will protect your images & text. It requires zero coding knowledge or coding. This app does not interefere with the shopping experience at all. Customers can shop and add products to cart, without any interruptions

Right Click Defender offers more functionality than other image protecting apps. While other apps only protect images, this app also protects your text. On top of disabling the right click menu and disabling "dragging & dropping" on images, it also prevents text highlighting and "copying and cutting" on text. Not to mention, it helps to fight spammers because it disables pasting into form fields.

A great choice for Shopify stores that sell templates, artwork, prints, photography, or paintings. Also perfect for Shopify owners who just want to protect their unique content. 

Shopify Experts - Custom Shopify App Development, Theme Design, and Store Setup
Highlighted

Hi @Ryan_Parker2! You can try our Anti-Theft app that has right-click protection as well as drag-n-drop protection, restricts shortcuts and adds backlinks to your store.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 4

Hello!

We heard you! We understand how much hard work, money, and time is allotted in growing a brand to convert into sales. While you are investing in building your page's image, other brands take advantage of your original content.

That is why we created the UNIQUE APP. It is a powerful app that used high-tech AI that protects your private content. We have outlined why you must have UNIQUE

- It detects personal content copyright violations all over the internet.

- Creates full report related to the detection of the violation including the violator's information

- Performs automatic DCMA report to the platforms used and removes the stolen content

- Sends automated email warnings and requests to remove these contents

We have a lot to offer that will save you time, money, and protect your data! With us, you can just focus on growing your business!

Check our reviews: https://apps.shopify.com/unique-anti-theft#reviews

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

If you dont mind me asking, Why will it negatively effect my shoppers experience if i disable the right click save?

0 Likes