How to "lock" the price on product page for variants

mfcss
8 0 0

I have a product page where I wish to combine Infinite Options (plugin) with the built-in Shopify product variants.

The rationale is that Infinite Options will be used to "add new products" as add-ons for my existing product. In contrast, the built-in variant will be used to handle different versions of my "base product" (which has different prices based on the version).

The challenge is that Shopify's variant options updates the price shown on the product page - while Infinite Options does not. The simplest solution for my use case would be to not update the price on the product page when switching between the Shopify variants. By doing this, I could simply inform users that all "price additions" are added in the cart.

I've looked into modifying the "product-price.liquid" in the Debut theme, but I struggle to identify what 'handle' I should enter where in order to enforce the price to always reflect the "default" price (option1) regardless of the user's variant selection. 

If anyone can explain how this would be done in a reasonably clean way that would be very helpful.

Martin

0 Likes
mfcss
8 0 0

It looks like modifying the below solves this.

<span class="price-item price-item--regular" data-regular-price>
          {{ money_price }} 
        </span>

To:

<span class="price-item price-item--regular">
          {{ money_price }} 
        </span>​
0 Likes