How to recover footer.liquid code. Already tried all the solutions posted here and only get errors

Norma_Laurent
4 0 0

Hi,

I accidentally deleted my footer while trying to delete, "Powered by Shopify", I have tried copying and pasting the code from a copy of the theme and it doesn't work. My theme won't let me add a section. I need to fix this please. Surely, someone in Shopify must know how to fix this.

0 Likes
alexmiller17
Excursionist
26 1 6

Do you have any old copies/versions of this theme? If so, reinstall this. If you don't and you don't have many changes to your theme, I suggest your reinstall the theme from the Shopify store.

0 Likes
Norma_Laurent
4 0 0

Thank you for responding Alex. I do have this theme saved but not published. But will I lose all the products I've added and all the work I've done already?

I can't start over. There must be a way to add the code back in. I just can't believe all these Shopify gurus don't have a solution. This has happened to others before me too. 

0 Likes
alexmiller17
Excursionist
26 1 6

You shouldn't lose your products, just the code you've edited. The format will be changed and all theme customization will be lost.

0 Likes
Norma_Laurent
4 0 0

I don't know if I want to do this. I may lose a lot of customization of done to the theme. Why can't I just add the section and paste the code? 

Shouldn't be that difficult to do. 

0 Likes
alexmiller17
Excursionist
26 1 6

What theme do you use?

0 Likes
Norma_Laurent
4 0 0

I'm using the Supply theme.

0 Likes
alexmiller17
Excursionist
26 1 6

The quick way to do this would be to download the theme file then restore to an older version then go through each file and paste the content from the downloaded theme.

0 Likes
ATYCB
1 0 0

Same issue how did you fixed it ? 

0 Likes