How to remove Slideshow header + text on Debut Theme!

fancystyles_bb
1 0 0

Hey guys! So I need to get rid of the header and text section from my main page slideshow completely. I've already entered the code to omit the slide buttons. I don't have anything in either field on my editor but for some reason this black box is still showing and messing up the position of my page, and partially covering my slideshow on mobile. I'm a little rusty on coding and can't find the section myself. Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing!

example.png

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1114 116 160

Hello, @fancystyles_bb.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you’re trying to remove the header and text section from the slideshow section of your theme. Since Debut is a Shopify theme and, if your store is subscribed to a plan, our Theme Support might be able to help you with that so that you don’t need to modify the coding on your own. That said, I’ve noted down the request as well as the screenshot you shared, and I am ready to update you with a support ticket. 

If you’re interested, I've sent an authentication email to the registered email address we have on file. Kindly check your inbox/spam/junk folder in the account owner's email and reply to it. After that, I’ll be able to help send this request to our Theme Support team right away.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
iamthewanderer
1 0 0

Hi there!

I'm experiencing the same thing. I found the text in the code, but it's not taking my updates. Did you ever figure out a fix for your page?

Best, 

Jennifer

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1114 116 160

Hey, @iamthewanderer.

Thank you for joining the thread!

I understand you're also looking to remove the Slideshow header and text box for your theme. Are you also using the Debut theme?

If your store uses a Shopify-supported theme, then this may be something that our Theme Support team can help you with. While our Theme Support can assist you with a number of customizations; however, for reference, there is a short list of unsupported customizations on our design policy. If your store is subscribed to a plan, then you're eligible to use the complimentary design time included with your subscription on customizing your theme. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

For third-party or custom themes, we recommend checking with the theme developer for support with your theme. If the developer doesn't provide customization support, then we'd recommend hiring a developer from Shopify Experts. Shopify Experts are experienced in working with custom themes, and they'll be able to create a solution for your theme. 

I'd love to know if our Support team can assist you with this. Let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes