How to remove blog tags from blog page (Minimal theme)

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

Hi guys,

The tags on my blog page are causing my page to look very messy, does anyone know how to remove them?

Any help would be appreciated thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I need help with the exact same thing!! Hoping we get an answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello AC and KD

Just try to remove the below code from the blog template.

{% if article.tags.size > 0 %}
              <span class="meta-sep">&#8226;</span>
              {% for tag in article.tags %}
                <a href="{{ blog.url }}/tagged/{{ tag | handle }}">{{ tag }}</a>{% unless forloop.last %} <span class="meta-sep">&#8226;</span> {% endunless %}
              {% endfor %}
            {% endif %}

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: ecommercewebguru@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

That didn't work for me- any other suggestions? Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

Thanks for the reply eCommerce Web Guru but unfortunately that didn't do the trick

Anyone have any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I removed them from sidebar by changing {% if blog.all_tags.size > 0 %} to {% if blog.all_tags.size < 0 %}

Maybe try that? Line 12 of blog-sidebar.liquid

I then removed them from the individual blog page by doing the same thing in article.liquid, line 28, changed to  {% if article.tags.size < 0 %}

Thanks ecommerceguru for the email!

I may have had to change somewhere else too, I can't remember! That should get you started! Make sure to make a copy of your store first in case these do not work, I am not a coding pro. I am just teaching myself by googling and trying different things!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

Thanks KD! Have to edit blog.liquid line 30 as well. Blog looks great now thanks guys!!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

For Debut theme  go to blog-template.liquid and edit lines 78-90. Should look like this

{%comment%}
            {% if article.tags.size > 0 %}
              <div class="article__tags rte">
                <ul class="list--inline" aria-label="{{ 'blogs.article.tags' | t }}">
                  {% for tag in article.tags %}
                    <li>
                      <a href="{{ blog.url }}/tagged/{{ tag | handle }}" class="article__grid-tag">{{ tag }}</a>
                    </li>
                  {% endfor %}
                </ul>
              </div>
            {% endif %}
{%endcomment%}

It will hide the tags on the blog page. There is a another code like that one on line 168 but hidding it doesn't do anything for our purpose, it must be there with another use. just leave it alone.

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey all -- is there a way to remove the blog post tags from a home page section? We are using the Debut theme and have added a blog post feed to our home page. But the tags kind of make everything look messy and cluttered. Where is the part of the code that I can comment out to hide this? Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

Rebecca make a duplicate of your theme and then follow my comment above. Since those tags belong to the blog template that's where you need to change things as i put it in my code. If it doesn't work for you then revert to the previous theme.

0 Likes