How to remove free bar shipping from product page

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

I've added this free shipping bar through app but now I have deleted the app and don't want this on my product page but it is still showing. Please could someone tell me how can I remove this.  

Screenshot 2020-04-13 at 18.38.56.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
272 38 52

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @justyna15!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

You can easily revert your code back to before you deleted things as long as you haven't removed the entire template file for that page.

I did notice that you're looking at the page file instead of the product page template in the screenshot you've shown above.

There are 2 ways you can revert things though.

Method 1

The first way is to revert the code on that product-template.liquid. You can use this section here (from your screenshots) to select the date that you last changed things in there:

alt

This can be done on any liquid code files except CSS configurations, those can't be reverted.

Method 2

If you've accidentally deleted the entire product-template.liquid under Sections, then you'll need to download a fresh new copy of Debut.

You can use the new copy to customize it and publish it as your site.

I don't recommend copy and pasting code and liquid files from one theme to another even if it is the same theme. The reason for this is that unless you have an experienced developer on staff you can accidentally cause features to break if you have custom code in the theme you're pasting into.

Other advice

If you're doing some element removals on your theme, I don't recommend deleting code.

Instead, you can use code "comments" to hide the element from the page.

This is the comment code to help hide things:

{% comment %}The thing you want to hide is here{% endcomment %}

This way you'll be able to test to see how things look and if anything breaks when "removing" those elements you hid.

Another thing you can do is to reach out to our Shopify Experts to help with some more complex coding to get your site exactly the way you want it. I highly recommend hiring one of our partners to help you with this. You can find a suitable Shopify Partner in the Experts Marketplace or request a quote by following this guide here.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you @Lilith . I have managed to do this already and have changed my questions but did not realize someone posted an answer, apologise for the confusion. Would you be able to help me with the edited question ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
272 38 52

You're welcome. Just a note though, that we don't recommend removing or changing your questions in the post. Please use a new topic to ask new unrelated questions. 

The reason we don't recommend removing or changing your original post is that others in the community could be looking for this answer as well and won't be able to see that it's been asked and answered before in order to help them as well. We want to all be a helpful and inclusive community as a whole in the forums, making e-commerce better for everyone.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
272 38 52

After looking at the replaced question's screenshot and comparing it with some known apps I've used in the past, I notice that the words there seem to be from an app that helps increase conversions or sales.

Without seeing the site itself, I won't know for sure where that code might be from, but my best guess is that you have a sales/conversion-boosting app installed in your store. You'll need to go into those settings for that 3rd party app to remove that element from your product page.

Let me know if you have a URL for your site or if you find the app in your Apps section.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you I have found it now . 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
272 38 52

Glad to hear it! Happy to have helped out!

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

hi @Lilith 

I have kind of the same issue.

I would like if possible to remove the part with add to cart and the price on my product pages.

My shop will be based on a blog but I wont sell anything.

Thanks a lot in advance !

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
272 38 52

Hi, @Blegium. Sounds like a different situation here since you're not reverting code, you'll be creating new custom templates or modifying existing code. If you'd like to customize your site you can definitely checkout some tutorials here to help you out.

There is a specific tutorial on how to hide the prices from your product pages in that list, but you'll want to check to see what theme you have.

The tutorials will work best on themes created by Shopify (free themes), but we can't guarantee this will work perfectly with paid 3rd party themes. With those 3rd party themes, you can definitely reach out to the theme developer to see if they can help you with some changes to their themes. They may or may not have a fee for this.

If you'd like you can also have someone customize the theme for you altogether. I highly recommend hiring one of our partners to help you with this. You can find a suitable Shopify Partner in the Experts Marketplace or request a quote by following this guide here.

I suggest refraining form using the product section of your admin if you're not intending on selling products, this way you won't have any product pages created. Of course if you'd like to feature proeucta that you won't sell online such as items that customers would need to call you to get, then definitely go ahead and use the product section, but make sure that you've made the necessary changes to the product page template in your chosen theme before you publish it live. You can review those tutorials or expert links above any time.

0 Likes