How to remove product titles & prices from featured collection on home screen (Simple Theme)

1 0 0

I am using the Simple Theme. I would like to know if there's any way I could remove/hide the product titles and prices on my home page's featured collection. I've been looking through the code to see if I could find a quick solution, though every other discussion on the forum seems to only have the answer for other themes.

Here is my current page, still with product titles and prices:

example2.png

And here is an example from another site of what I would like mine to look like:

(no product titles/ prices)

example1.PNG

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
640 59 127

Hey there, @F2preborn 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really great question, this will take just a little bit of coding. This tutorial is specific to an unedited version of the Supply theme, Version 8.0.3.  We cannot guarantee results for themes that have been modified with custom coding and/or apps. We suggest hiring a Shopify Expert if you are not comfortable proceeding with the following tutorial, or wish to make any variations to this tutorial

• Go to Online Store > Actions > Edit Code.
  • Open the Snippets Folder > product-grid-item.liquid.
  • On the start of line 67 add {% comment %} right before the <p>{{ product.title }}</p>.
  • On line 95 add {% endcomment %} and click Save. 
  • The end result should look like this:

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi Bo, I'm using the Debut theme, so it may be different for me, but it looks like the description Online Store > Actions > Edit Code should read Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code

Either way, that path may help folks using the Debut theme find their way to the editor.

In the Debut theme, I was able to comment out the area near the end of product-card-grid.liquid to remove the pricing from all my catalog pages. This was exactly what I needed, so I'm stoked to have run across your initial solution. Thx!

Screenshot 2019-07-26 11.25.32.png

1 Like
Excursionist
37 2 3

Hey @mattrsullivan 

Go to line number 35

And copy this line and add one condition 

{% unless template contains 'index' %}

-------------Paste code which you copy

{% endunless %}

So it will hide

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: info@biterscode.com
0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Bo,

I tried with your tutorial but it is not the same as you described.hoi.PNG

0 Likes
Trailblazer
228 27 29

can you give me website link? I will do it via css and let you know how to hide titles and prices from the page collection, i will show you screenshot as well

you are welcome to contact / donate small amount to me.
My email - suyash.patankar@gmail.com

paypal.me/suyashpatankar
0 Likes
2 0 0

Please check you email. Thank you!

0 Likes