How to remove search icon in Debut Theme?

Solved
Tourist
9 1 1

@Widegrid wrote:

Hi,

Enter the code below at the bottom of your theme.scss.liquid to remove the search function on mobile.

.site-header .icon-search,{
display: none;
}

Hello, that seems to have worked in removing the search function and the 3 horizontal bar icon however I am still getting the 3 horizontal bar icon when viewing on mobile.

The only icon I wish to display is cart.

0 Likes
9 0 0

Any help please?

I tried to remove the search icon but nothing works... The thing is the Icon is not her anymore but when you go with the mouse on it it's still do the search ...

0 Likes
1 0 0

I followed the steps outlined and was able to get the search icon removed. However, the coding is appearing right below my header now. How do I remove this?

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 11.35.18 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-19 at 11.35.25 AM.png

0 Likes
3 0 0

The added code removes the icon only - you can still search by simply clicking where the icon used to be! This isn't a solution shopify. I have dealer pricing details hidden unless a user logs in but these come up on a search! So i need to restrict search or hide the pricing which also seems impossible.  

0 Likes
3 0 0

I did the following, and it didnt work for my stuff at all. Am i doing something wrong? 

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
2460 414 518

Hi @SoBow 

Send your store url

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: jasoliyabrijesh123@gmail.com
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here
0 Likes
3 0 0
LittleSoBowShop.com
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
2460 414 518

Add this css in Asset->theme.scss file at bottom:

.search-header,.site-header__search-toggle{display:none;}
Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: jasoliyabrijesh123@gmail.com
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

If you or anyone is still interested, I found a simple way to fix this.

I am very new to shopify and liquid but found a way to get rid of both seeing the buttons AND the buttons being able to be clicked when hovering over.

I commented out code from lines 116 to 127 in the header.liquid file and that seems to be working for me (desktop & mobile). Hiding the search button in the theme.scss.liquid file does not seem to be needed once you do this either.

Follow this at your own risk, I am not completely sure if this will affect any other functionalities of the site, but so far I haven't ran into any problems. Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 6.30.53 PM.pnglines 116 - 127

0 Likes
3 0 0
I got it thank you
0 Likes