How to remove the ability to change quantity at checkout?

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

I am trying to remove the ability to change the quantity without removing the quantity indicator. I was able to remove the + and - buttons, but it still left the option to type in a new quantity.

Most of our options are personalized products so I don't want our customers to be able to change those, but we do have products that they are able to order multiple of so I would like to still have the quantity indicator rather than getting rid of it all together.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1235 162 362

Find your input field and add a disabled attribute to it:

<input class="quantity-amount" disabled>

Obviously someone with knowledge of DevTools can go in and remove this forcibly, but shouldn't be a problem for most users. 

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
821 168 189

Hello 

Add attribute 'readonly' in input field , example here  check country field you can't change text.

Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate small Click here (Its my paypal)
2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1235 162 362

Yes, follow @Guleria's instructions, I just realized that disabled may not submit to the form. readonly is the way to go.

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

@Guleria wrote:

Hello 

Add attribute 'readonly' in input field , example here  check country field you can't change text.

Thanks

This worked perfectly! Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Sistershirts, 

I am trying to just remove the + and - buttons. Could you explain how you did it please?

0 Likes