How to remove the ability to change quantity at checkout?

Solved
2 0 0

I am trying to remove the ability to change the quantity without removing the quantity indicator. I was able to remove the + and - buttons, but it still left the option to type in a new quantity.

Most of our options are personalized products so I don't want our customers to be able to change those, but we do have products that they are able to order multiple of so I would like to still have the quantity indicator rather than getting rid of it all together.

0 Likes
Astronaut
1091 150 274

Find your input field and add a disabled attribute to it:

<input class="quantity-amount" disabled>

Obviously someone with knowledge of DevTools can go in and remove this forcibly, but shouldn't be a problem for most users. 

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
440 83 95

Hello 

Add attribute 'readonly' in input field , example here  check country field you can't change text.

Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate small Click here (Its my paypal)
2 Likes
Astronaut
1091 150 274

Yes, follow @Guleria's instructions, I just realized that disabled may not submit to the form. readonly is the way to go.

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
1 Like
2 0 0

@Guleria wrote:

Hello 

Add attribute 'readonly' in input field , example here  check country field you can't change text.

Thanks

This worked perfectly! Thank you so much!

0 Likes