How to safely remove product customizer code by customify

Tourist
26 0 1

Hi there,

So I recently added Bold Product Options app to my store. Before adding Bold I had the Product Customizer app by customify and will need to safely remove their code from my theme to avoid any problems with the current Bold code.

If any of you know how to do this safely I can give you access to our backend site. I tried contacting Customify, but have not gotten word from them yet. 

This will be a huge help, for sometimes when I go to our products there are the product options from Bold (which is good) but then also the old product options from Product Customizer (which we don't want!)

Thank you all and I hope to hear back from someone soon (:

website www.vipgolfawards.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
253 25 53

Hi, @Jakehardin21!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Oftentimes, third-party apps can leave behind lingering code even after they are removed from your Admin. This means that there may be a few steps to take to completely remove the code from your theme. Luckily, the app developers for Customify have a help doc on how to uninstall the app, with step-by-step instructions on how to locate the specific snippet of code to delete. 

I'm glad to see that you've already reached out to the Customify app developers; because the developers themselves know the ins and outs of their app, we always recommend reaching out to them directly for support. Nonetheless, I hope that the help doc I provided helps point you in the right direction! 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes