How to send contact form without using the form email field

Adrian23
Shopify Partner
17 1 2

Hi. I'm creating a feedback form on my site which essentially is a template copied over from the contact form with some minor tweaks to the fields

The thing is I don't require the name and email field but I realised that the error handling prevents the form from sending without it. 

Is there a way I could assign a static email address to it so that it would send. 

If that is possible, how could I do that?

thanks
Adrian

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3648 304 703

Hi Adrian, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

I checked with our theme support team about this and it is something which is definitely possible. Shopify has a document going into the details on how to add fields to your contact us page showing where the code is, in the back end of your store which you can see here

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
  2. Find the theme you want to edit, and then click Actions > Edit code.
  3. In the Templates directory, click.page.contact.liquid
  4. From here you would need to edit the code accordingly to adjust the fields/ remove them.  

If this is something you are not comfortable with and you are using a Shopify developed theme (any of the free themes) then don't hesitate to reach out to our support team directly for help as this tutorial is supported by Shopify. If you are using a theme from a third party developer your best bet would be to reach out to a Shopify Expert to help you with this as a small task. You can see the directory of Shopify Experts for small tasks from the link here

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Nazmulhasan
1 0 0

If someone is still looking for it, set your input's type to hidden and use a value attribute. Something like this: 

<input type="hidden" class="wenexus-input-6 url" name="contact[email]" value="placeholder@gmail.com">
0 Likes