How to separate color options into groups

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I am interested on this feature I saw on a shop and I'm not sure how it can be done. 

image.png

They're separating color variant into groups, COLORS and NEW ARRIVALS, I am really interested on how this can be done, is it via an app or custom code? 

Either would be fine for me. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
250 33 27

Hello, @Agon_R.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for this inquiry.

You can add color swatches to products through coding or third-party app. Keep in mind that this is an advanced coding tutorial that is not supported by our Theme Support. If you have limited knowledge with HTML, CSS, Javascript, and Liquid; I recommend working with Shopify Experts. Shopify Experts are experienced with custom coding and can help you implement color swatches to your theme.

Alternatively, there are third-party apps that can add color swatches to your store without having to get into too much coding. I’ve handpicked a couple for you and they also offer a free trial for you to try out.

If you require assistance with these apps, you can always reach out to the developers directly through the contact information found in the Support section of the app’s page.

Let me know if these options help! If you have any further questions regarding this topic, feel free to reply to this thread and I’d be happy to help.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
33 3 9

Hello there,

I think the suggested help articles are definitely useful and if you are not comfortable with some coding an app might be the best choice.

Adding color swatches to a theme can be different from theme to theme depending on how the variant switch is implemented.
A few weeks ago I created a tutorial where I demonstrate this for the Debut Theme, while I try to explain the variant switch in depth.

If anyone in the future prefers video content, you may find this useful: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmyQNJTt4gQ

Have a good day :-)

Was this answer helpful?
Leave a thumbs up, so others might find it faster.

Would you like to learn more about Shopify Development?
You might like my Youtube Channel
1 Like