How to set up pre-order !

Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 4

Hi,

I would like to set up pre-orders on my page for a specific size. For example you can see from the picture, size S is sold out and I would like to set up pre-order for size S only and the other size can be purchased right now. How do I do that? Thanks!!!  URL: selfiieswim.com

Screenshot 2020-09-17 at 11.31.01 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
618 44 104

Hello, @elaiinee!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! What you could do is use an app to provide you with a pre-order function. Although there are quite a few apps available in the Shopify App store that could provide you with the functionality you're looking for, I would recommend checking out the following apps: 

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
127 21 35

Hi @elaiinee

Before you dive into implementing a solution I would suggest that you take a step back and figure out what pre-ordering means for your business. There are a host of different ways that pre-orders work for different merchants, and you should first identify which better fits your store's situation.

For example, pre-order can mean that you know a product (or variant) is coming back in stock soon (but not the exact date) and that you'll ship it when it's available. You might know the exact date—therefore you can communicate it to your customer immediately. Others use pre-order as a gauge for their next production cycle (how many to order/produce and then ship), or simply to create early sales for a new product that will become available soon. 

If you can figure out which scenario is the one that suits you, then you can make a more informed decision on what solutions you could implement. Sometimes an app might be needed, other times a simple well-positioned copy can be enough.

Panos Voulgaris
Creative director / Partner @ MALVI
Founder @ function( )
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
159 2 25

Hi @elaiinee ,

Like @pvoulg has mentioned, it's probably worth working out how you want pre-orders to work. There's also nothing to stop you having a pre-order system for out-of-stock existing products and a pre-order system for your new product pipeline.

Karlie listed some great apps for the first scenario.

We (PreProduct) tackle the second scenario. 

Cheers,

Oli

——————————

Founder @ www.preproduct.io

Test and make sales for future products

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 4

Thanks for the reply. To be more clear I would like to set up the pre-order as a gauge for my next production cycle. I can order from my vendor and ship a product when my customer order the product. Also I only want to set up the system for a specific size now. So in this case how should I proceed ? Thank You!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
159 2 25

Hi @elaiinee ,

No worries at all.

Yep, that's quite a typical scenario, I think it's a clever idea to gauge future demand that way.

Sounds like a good fit, the apps designed around this scenario in particular and lets you charge customers later (means you can be flexible with when you deliver the product and there's no hard feelings if shipping times blow out). Yep we offer specific variant listings, GIF below;

To get started, just install the app here: https://apps.shopify.com/preproduct
and give me a shout if the app widget doesn't automatically install into your theme: oli@preproduct.io and I'll do it for you.

Cheers,

Oli

SpecificVariant.gif

——————————

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 4

Hi I have tried to download some apps. The pre-order button is shown when a activate it to one variant but for the other variants are not able to pre-order , the add to cart button is not shown. Please help THANKS!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
159 2 25

Hi @elaiinee ,

I've just replied to your email. Your pre-order listing looked all good in our database and I could see that you had picked just one variant.
If you would like me to look at this issue, just let me know via email and I'll request temp access to your store and get it all up and running for you.

Cheers,

Oli

——————————

0 Likes