How to show Product Name and Product Brand (or Vendor) on product loop and listings?

Tourist
5 0 2

Hi,

My site sells smartphone cases and in my product loop and product listings I wanted customers to see the phone type as well as the product name. Currently, my vendors for my products are separated into phone types so I could separate into collections easily. 

Does anyone know how to add the Product Vendor onto the make product listing on the collections page or products loops on the homepage? Or does anyone know how to add a "brand" name that would be visible on the collections page and product loops along with the product name. 

Thanks!

1 Like
Shopify Expert
460 0 74

You can output the product name with: {{ product.title }}

You can output the product vendor with: {{ product.vendor }}

You can output the product type with: {{ product.type }}

Do you need help with where to add this in your theme?

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

Yeah, I was trying to find the location as to where I would need to include this coding and if there is any other coding I would need to add.

Could you help with this?

On my homepage in the product loop and the collections page where I have the product listings is where I wanted to see it. Is there a place where I can add the coding that will show it whenever the product is shown?

Shah

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
460 0 74

Looks like the mrked.com site is using the Mobilia theme. I'm not really familiar with that theme, but most themes have the product info in a 'product-loop.liquid' or 'product-grid-item.liquid' snippet that is included in a product loop. Look in your collection.liquid file and find the for loop and see what snippet is being included.

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

This was the coding in my collection.liquid file

{% if settings.collection_sidebar %}
    {% include 'collection-sidebar' %}
    <div class="twelve columns">
  {% else %}
    <div class="sixteen columns">
  {% endif %}

{% if collection.products.size == 0 %}
    <div class="center">
      <div class="section clearfix">     
        <p class="quote">No products found in this collection.</p>
      </div>
    </div>
  {% else %}
    {% assign products = collection.products %}
    {% assign products_per_row = settings.products_per_row %}
    {% include 'product-loop' with settings.collection_sidebar %}
  {% endif %}
  </div>
  {% include 'pagination' %}
{% endpaginate %}

The theme also has a 'product-loop-liquid' file and a 'product-thumbnail.liquid'

Where should I put the {{ product.type }} in order to solve what I want?

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

I think I figured out how to do. Just added the {{ product.type }} within the 'product-thumbnail.liquid'.

Thank you so much for all the help!

0 Likes
3 0 0

please how do i fix this problem

0 Likes