How to show on checkout a product's discount

Solved
Carmen-Logics
Excursionist
15 0 5

Hi there! I'm using the Supply theme. I've created coupon codes that will not apply to items already on sale. Everything works great. Is there any way, however, that the original vs discount prices can be shown again on the checkout screen? Something like the example below (it doesn't have to be that same way).  Thanks!!

Carmen-Logics_1-1624041745940.png

0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
72 17 13

Hi @Carmen-Logics.

Thanks for your message. I understand you set up a discount code that is not applying at checkout. I can certainly understand the need to look into this further and would be happy to help out. Thank you for sharing the screenshot, it provided me with some great context.

It looks like the products you are testing are not included in the discount you set up. The error you are getting states the discount is not valid for the products in your cart. You will need to head back to the discount you created in your admin to ensure you have included all the products you want the discount to work with. Feel free to reference our helpful Discounts guide if you need some further guidance along the way.

You mentioned that "the coupon codes will not apply to items already on sale." Can you clarify what you mean by this? Do you just mean, you have manually changed the prices for a sale?

Feel free to reach back out with this further context or any question you may have about the above information. We are always happy to help out!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Carmen-Logics
Excursionist
15 0 5

Hi Marty, thanks for your response! The discount codes are working, I just want the checkout page to show the original price vs discount again.  In the case of the screenshot, it's only showing the discounted price. I'd want something that signals that that item is on sale. Let me know if I should explain a bit more. Thanks again.

0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
72 17 13

@Carmen-Logics.

Thank you for clarifying that!

It is only showing the discounted price, because you are adding products to the cart that do not work with the discount code you have created, as the error states. Once a discount code is successfully applied, you should certainly see the original price of the product and the discount applied to the specific product. Try adding products to the cart that are set up with the discount you created. Feel free to let me know if you are still running into issues.

0 Likes
Carmen-Logics
Excursionist
15 0 5

Hey Marty, thanks, I think I explained it waaay more complicated than I should have. The only thing I want is to have products on sale show both the original price and discount price just like coupon codes show original price and discount applied. Is there a way I could accomplish that?

0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
72 17 13

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Carmen-Logics.

Thank you for getting back to me with this further clarification.

You can certainly set up a compare at price option for any products that are on sale, so the products you have on sale would show up like this:

24-37-55541-43473

We also have a handy guide for setting up a compare at price for a product, if you have yet to try it out.

However, that markdown with the original price will only appear on that product's specific page. Once it reaches the checkout, your customers will only be able to see the new sale price that you have set up for it by design.

24-50-51899-93882

You would not be able to manipulate the checkout to provide further sale information when products are simply set up with a compare-at-price sale.

I hope this answers your question, please let me know if I am misunderstanding your clarification, we are always happy to help out!