How to sort products by date? Please HELP

Highlighted
19 0 0

Hi! So far what i've found that shopify doesnt have built-in filter by date. How can i show latest added products on collection page? And also how can i show only one last added product? Because i have a little bit different markup for last added product

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
102 0 12

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out. We actually have a doc on this: Change the sort order for the products in a collection. You can change the order of an automatic collection under the "Sort" option on the collection page. In your case you'd want to switch it to "Newest to Oldest". If you have a manual collection, you can drag and drop each product into order!

Hope this helps! You can contact support 24/7 if you have any more questions!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Maggie,

That does not really answer the question.  That is a weak work-around at best.  How is it not a core functionality to see a list of ALL products in my store sorted by date added to the store (regardless of current inventory)?!  I am not interested in what sort order the customer sees, I want to see it on the back-end. I will keep searching for an answer and an elegant solution.  For now, I may have to create a collection called All Products, then sort it.  Still a lame workaround as I do not want such a collection.

-N

1 Like