How to stop orders after a certain time

canyonsedge
2 0 1

How our website is set up people can make an order and we fulfill it during our open business hours. My question is, how can we only allow people to place orders at certain times? We are only doing curbside pickup as an option for our products so we are not worried about time differences. The thing we are worried about is people stacking up orders over night when we are not open and the next day having to fill up tons of orders while we are getting additional orders for that day. We have it specified that we will only have orders ready during business hours but we are needing some more insurance just in case people make orders after hours.

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1324 118 343

I would just allow all the orders, and let them know there could be a queue for pickup because of high demand.

Couple ideas though to answer your question:

A) You could add some code to disable the add to cart button on product pages during certain hours. Then maybe add some text explaining why.

B) Or you could swap out the add to cart button with an email form that collects their email address.

C) You could add a checkbox with a disclaimer and they have to click the box to enable to add to cart button (then expectations are set clearly).

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
RobbyClay
1 0 1

Hey canyonsedge!

You should  look into the Zapiet Store Pickup + Delivery app.  Sounds like we had the same problem and this app did the trick for us. The "preparation" settings within the app are what you're looking for. For instance, we offer curbside pickup at 2 of our locations but we need orders to be cut-off at a certain time so that we can preparer them. If a customer orders AFTER that cut-off time then they will only have the option to pick up their order on the next available day, which is whatever day you set up in the app.

Might be easier to just look at our checkout page instead of trying to explain it.  FarmacyNow.com

Hope this helps!

Casual58
1 0 0

Your option A is what we are looking for, however we are not coders. You would think something as simple as this would be a core element of Shopify.

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1324 118 343

I hear ya, always nice to have to more features. If you ever need any customizations like this feel free to reach out to my team at speedboostr.com/contact. We're a team of Shopify focused developers and do website customizations like this every day.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
0 Likes
Elías
Tourist
17 0 1

Hi,

I think this app will help you: https://apps.shopify.com/were-open

Regards,

Kitty_Zapiet
Excursionist
68 0 2

Hi Guys

I am really sorry for the delay in responding - we have only just seen a number of mentions on the form, going forwards we will get a notification for forum posts and respond much quicker. 

@RobbyClay thank you for the recommendation! Hopefully, you all found solutions to the issues you faced last year - if not take another look at Store Pickup + Delivery and the range of new features we have. 

If you need any more assistance or information you can email us at supprt@zapiet.com, you can also start a live chat via the Support tab in the Store Pickup + Delivery app or by visiting www.zapiet.com.

Take care,

Kitty

0 Likes