How to translate SIZE and COLOR on product page

Esad_Krcić
2 0 3

I've got a problem with translating words "size" and "color" on my product page in MiniMart (Decortica) theme.
Can anybody help because my eyes start bleedeng after hours of searching for solution?

Katy_old
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
394 1 45

Hey, Esad !

Koreen here from Shopify. Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble.

One way to edit this would be within the product it's self. Here, under variants you can select "edit options". This should allow you to edit the field here like so.

To help speed thing up for you, you could also export your products, and edit this via CSV file, before re-uploading to youe store to allow the changes to take effect.

Alternatively we have some apps such as Langify that can help out too! 

I hope this helps!

Koreen W | Shopify 

0 Likes
Esad_Krcić
2 0 3

Koreen, thank you very much for your response, but I think this is not a solution for my problem.

But it's my fault. I wasn't precise enough.

I want translate words: "size" and "color" on the page "product".

You can see here.

Maybe I'm not right, but it seems to me that I have to paste/change a piece of code on product.liquid.

Amadeus2201
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Hi,

Dou you find any solution for this issue ?

I would like to do the same in french.

Thank you.

nuova-idea
Tourist
20 0 3

Hi, 

I also need to translate COLOR and SIZE into Russian...any help???

21brand
Tourist
9 0 2

also need translate in german..

Suricata
Tourist
18 0 3

Anyone got a solution to this yet? I have the same issue translating to Swedish...
The whole .json language is translated but the words SIZE and COLOR on the product page is still in English.

Hi guys!

We are from Transcy team. In this case, you can translate the "size", "color" word, and any element in product options into target languages (French, German, Russian, Italian...) that you want by using the Transcy app.

Our app is the solution to help your store translates ALL types of content into target languages and converts currency.

Best,

Transcy team

Transcy: A Powerful Translation and Currency Converter
Explore Transcy HERE
0 Likes
Suricata
Tourist
18 0 3

I worked it out!!

What I did not manage to find anywhere else was that the words COLOR and SIZE seem to be created in English per default when you create a new product in Shopify. Also, these words are not found in the .json language file for translation.

HOWEVER, if you enter (or update) products via a csv file then you can use your own wording for the options. Yey!! See the image below when I change Color and Size to the Swedish words "Färg" and "Storlek" for one of the two products. 

Happy translating!!

color-size.png

0 Likes