How to use collection-list.liquid ?

Solved
2 0 0

Hello, 

I would like create new template page that use collection-list.liquid but I don't find any post on how integrate this "section" on a template page. 

I would like to see how my home page use it, but I don't find how to see the code. I can only add automatically the section on my home page.  

Where can I find a resource on "how to integrate section to template" ? 

I Know that I can use ( pay ) an app for editing page, but for the moment I only need to use this section, And I think it's a better way to understand. 

0 Likes

Success.

Explorer
44 9 11

Hi @Modragor 

I think that you are mismatching the terminology a little.

collection-list.liquid is a default template that can be accessed when you visit the /collections url. It's not a section.

If you want the look of the collection-list.liquid on your homepage you will need to create a dynamic section for the homepage.

You can read more on sections here: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/development/sections

If you want a section on a template other on a homepage, you create a static section and call it like so:

{% section 'your-section-name' %}
1 Like
2 0 0

It's very interesting, I try your last solution, and yes I would like to create section on a other page than homepage. 

So I try : I add a template and 

{% section 'collection-list' %}

and ... it's work ... but I create a page with this new template, I have the section ... but it's empty and say " add collection on the left bar" ( It's like editing home page, but I find the solution, now I can edit this page like my home page. 

So my problem is solved ! Thx ! 

0 Likes