How to validate addresses?

Tourist
5 0 2

My client's shopify store allows users to add multiple addresses. Is there a way to validate the addresses when they are added?

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Hi, Jay! 

Katy here from Shopify. 

Great question. Within Shopify's own database, we validate emails based on them having a valid form, for example: an @ symbol and also a domain at the end. From here, we then ensure that this domain has a valid MX record.

Though you may also like to consider an app such as Emailable - Email verification which continuously monitors and re-verifies your email lists every 30 days to catch inactive emails or sign ups on your store.

Do let me know what you think, and if you have any questions I am happy to help.

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 2

Hiya Katy,

Sorry, I should've been clearer.

Not the email address (this I can validate at least at the basic level with Javascript regex) but physical addresses. Is there a way to validate those? Or should I look for an app in the app store?

Thank You.

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Ah I see, thank you for clarifying and apologies for my misinterpretation. 

In this case, it would require access to the checkout.liquid in order to build a custom solution here. At the moment this is only available when using Shopify plus

An app then might be the best workaround. There are a couple below which I have found:

Do let me know if this helps!

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Excursionist
449 1 7

I do have a solution for you but that involves clubbing shipping together with address validation. To answer you, the Multi Carrier Shipping label app can be used that will auto-validate the shipping addresses and also allow you to fulfil orders for all the top carriers. You can use it to only validate addresses as well. But the question, what do you want to do after validation? The next step is shipping. I hope I hit the right notes?

0 Likes